About the role
- Prepare technical programme/project estimates for proposed solutions and support the delivery
- Agree solutions with the Technical Design Authority before they are implemented.
- Help manage technical governance through both a divisional Technical Design Authority (TDA) and a group wide Global TDA.
- Use TDA structures to agree the architecture and high level designs including technology choices, standards, principles, policy etc.
- Provide technical assurance using key solution deliverables to ensure the solution is compliant with the agreed architectural specification and with Arriva group standards.
- Work with stakeholders (both business & technology) to develop and shape architecture roadmaps that deliver against Arriva group strategies
- You can demonstrate significant experience as an infrastructure consultant/architect/lead with experience in designing end to end solutions* in the transport, logistics or retail sector.
*Cloud based solutions (SaaS / iPaaS / IaaS) including both Azure and AWS cloud landscapes.
- You have a broad technical knowledge of infrastructure solutions, system integration and the ability to learn new technologies and skills as required.
- You have experience working with a combination of the following: Kubernetes; Infrastructure as Code; Cloud Operations, Management & Optimisation; Cloud Monitoring; Cloud Cost Management; Cloud Security, Cloud Backup & Disaster Recovery; OnPrem Datacentre to Cloud Migration; OnPrem workload to Cloud migration; Secure DevOps.
- You have the ability to quickly establish relationships and credibility with customers.
- You are able to build trust, drive change with customers and hold challenging conversations at all levels.
- Your are an organised individual with excellent planning skills.
- AWS/Azure Certifications is desirable.
What we can offer you (in addition to your base salary):
- Generous pension plan
- Hybrid working with family friendly working conditions
- 25 days holidays and 8 bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 10 additional days (Note the 2023 window has now closed)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- The Village – our Online Reward Gateway for high street discounts and more
- Arriva Bus Pass which gives you and your family free travel on all Arriva bus services outside London (T&C’s apply).
- Global Arriva Inclusion Network (GAIN)- a community of people who are passionate about equality, diversity and inclusion.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Infrastructure Consultant job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally