POSITION: Kitchen Assistant
SALARY: £11.03 per hour
BENEFITS: Contributory Pension Scheme,plus 28 days holiday
(Including Bank Holidays) and other benefits detailed below
HOURS: Part TimeMon – Fri 8.30 a.m. – 3.00 p.m. (30 h.p.w.)
LOCATION: RH19 1PG East Grinstead, West Sussex
CLOSING DATE: Friday 19th May 2023
Eldon Housing Association are recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant to work as part of our catering team. The role is based at our extra housing scheme, Lingfield Lodge in East Grinstead. Lingfield Lodge comprises of 49 units and aims to provide high quality, secure and accessible housing for older people with care needs, disabilities, or limited mobility.
As Kitchen Assistant you will work as part of our catering team to provide a high-quality catering service that will enhance the everyday life of our residents. You will be responsible for providing high standards of cleaning and hygiene in the kitchen, always ensuring compliance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and basic food hygiene. In liaison with the Chef you will carry out the preparation, straight forward cooking and service of food.
Key Skills and Experience:
You will have catering experience in a commercial kitchen and be qualified to CIEH Level 2 Food Certificate (or equivalent). You will be able to follow instruction and be supportive of a charitable, caring organisations aims and values.
Our Benefits include:
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1000 per year on your routine healthcare costs.
- Employee Advice Line, offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors.
- Reward Me Now membership (exclusive discounts),
- Employee Recognition Schemes, including Employee Excellence Award and additional holiday for qualifying service.
- A comprehensive induction and training programme with on-going development.
- Genuine career development opportunities for someone with the right attitude.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
Eldon Housing is committed to Equality & Diversity
Upon receipt of your application, we will process your data for recruitment purposes only. We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the time period but when that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we will keep it on record for future roles