12monthfix term- Covering Maternity Leave
Hoursof operation: 7 days per week.
TheOlder Adult Mental Health Hospital at Home team support patients during acuteepisodes of mental illness or mental disorder to provide an alternative topsychiatric hospital admission. We provide an early referral service forcommunity teams to support patients either in crisis or to prevent a furtherdeterioration of their mental health. OAMH Hospital at Home Team work closelywith the Older Adult inpatient wards to ensure they identify patients who cancontinue their treatment at home and facilitate an early discharge. The serviceaims to empower and enable patients and their carers to take an active role intheir treatment.
Theservice works together with patients, their families, colleagues, and the widercommunity for outstanding care, enabling older people to live well and thriveat home.
Due tothis being a county wide service, the team has been very lucky in arranging twopool cars for the team to help with petrol expenses.
Wewill also provide you with resources to develop and progress a long-term careeras well as flexibility, continual professional development as well as a widerange of wellbeing and support.
Main duties of the job
- We aimto provide a response to all referrals within 24 hours to include earlyreferrals from community teams.
- We prevent admission by providing intensive support usingevidence based interventions whilst working collaboratively with patients andcarers.
- We ensure all potential admissions are considered for theOAMH Hospital at Home service.
- We facilitate early discharge planning with inpatientservices which is recovery focused.
- We are invited to attend the weekly rapid reviews for theinpatient ward.
- We work with other professionals and services involved inthe patients care to provide a comprehensive service.
- There is high level of independent work as well as beingpart of a team.
- We have expanded the service further by accepting referralsfor patients living with dementia.
- We promote the triangle of care to develop and formulaterecovery and safety plans with patients and their families.
- We offer and complete Carer Screens.
- We will liaise with external agencies and Community MentalHealth Teams to ensure the best outcomes for the patient whilst supported bythe service
- Band 6s in the team will conduct Complex assessments during the initial contact with a patientwhere band 5 can accompany.
- We completeRisk Assessments
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
18 April 2023
Agenda for change
£27,055 to £32,934 a year pro rata for part time
Full-time, Part-time, Flexible working
New Haven, Princess of Wales Community Hospital
The ability to work with a multidisciplinaryteam.
We welcome enthusiastic and passionate nurses.
The ability to communicate effectively withothers at all levels.
The ability to work with families, friends andcarers, understanding the importance of promoting Triangle of care.
Working flexibly to support the 7 day service.
An enthusiastic, motivated andinnovative thinker.
The ability to work autonomouslymanaging the teams caseload and developing a plan of care whilst workingwithin a multi-disciplinary team.
The ability to problem solve,delegate, co-ordinate and manage time effectively.
The confidence working in a fast pacedand varied environment.
Excellent communication andinter-personal skills along with a flexible, responsive approach and a genuineinterest to undertake this role within this rewarding area of mental healthnursing.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role, please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
- Demonstrable post- qualification experience in acute mental health
- Undertaking multi-disciplinary assessments
- Undertaking mental state and self-harm assessments
- Assessing and managing risk
- Working within the Care Co-ordination framework
- Experience working in the community in a previous role or experience as a student on placement.
- Able to work flexibly within the framework of the Hospital at Home Team Service.
- Self-reliant person able to make and carry out decisions.
- Able to maintain and establish effective networks with both statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Able to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the role.
- Committed to anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-disablist and anti-ageist practice.
- Committed to the empowerment of and non-discrimination against mental health service users and carers
- Put patient care at the heart of the work you do to improve health care outcomes and service delivery.
- Deliver the highest standards and quality outcomes possible.
- Be the best you can be, always look for ways to improve and develop to reach your potential.
- Encourage others to develop themselves and the service through improvement, innovation and continuous development.
- Joint working with others, patients, colleagues in the delivery of high quality healthcare
- Build positive working relationships, respecting and valuing others, being helpful and inclusive
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to challenge poor behaviour
- Role modelling good behaviour.
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback.
- Ability to praise and be supportive to others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to organise both self and workload.
- Ability to actively and creatively engage service users and carers.
- Able to produce good quality reports on clinical notes and care plans.
- Computer literacy.
- Registered Mental Nurse / Occupational Therapist / Social Worker
- Appropriate additional qualifications such as PSI, CBT and Solution focused therapy
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Hospital at Home Clinician – Older Adult Mental Health job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally