We are looking for Handlers to join our operations teams who are at the heart of our business, ensuring our customers packages get to them safely and on time.
We believe that our strengths come from our differences, and we actively invest in recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
Working hours: 40.00 per week
Salary: £11.29 per hour. Premia paid for hours worked between 7pm – 10pm (£1.21), and 10pm – 6am (£1.47).
What are you going to be doing?
• Loading and unloading vehicles to ensure customers receive their goods in good condition and on time.
• Sorting and moving packaging and freight using scanning technology
• Comply with Health & Safety regulations
What are we looking for?
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• A great team player with the ability to work alone when required
• Someone who willing to complete training when required
• Good communication skills
What you’ll get!
• 22 days holiday a year (+1 day for every full year worked between Jan-Dec, up to 27 days)
• FedEx Retirement Plan
• Free Uniform and PPE
• Free parking
• Life assurance policy which pays out 4 x salary
• Employee Assistance Programme Provides you with confidential support, information and advice to help you with your wellbeing
• Hospital cash plan scheme
• Tuition assistance for external training
• Reduced rate shipping for international packages
• Group scheme savings on many items
• Great career opportunities
Diversity & Inclusion is more than the workplace. It’s the cultures we celebrate, the dreams we inspire, and creating a global community where everyone is accepted. At FedEx, diversity and inclusion happens because we do it together.
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Handler ( Nights) job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally