EFL/ESOL tutors needed to support unaccompanied refugees who have recently arrived within the UK, based in London.
Fleet Education Services is a leading education provider that has been helping disadvantaged students achieve their academic goals for over 45 years. We’re one of the largest nationwide providers of alternative and supplementary education to schools and local authorities, supporting children from all backgrounds through one-to-one and small group tuition programmes. Our network of tutors all share in our mission to help students reach their potential.
What we are looking for
We’ve got students who need you to make a difference in their lives now, who have recently sought asylum within the UK. If you’re a patient and engaging teacher or tutor, experienced in supporting young learners with English as an additional language and who would relish the opportunity to work with students on a 1:1 basis either online or face to face, then we’d love to work with you.
You’ll provide in-person or online tuition to students of varying ages who who have had no or low levels of exposure to the English language, who require support to integrate into mainstream schooling environments. Your skill and expertise will play a leading role in improving their self-confidence, ultimately providing a positive outcome for your student.
- Create lesson plans and deliver tailored tuition programmes that are designed to engage and inspire
- Report on attendance, attainment and engagement for all tutoring sessions.
- Liaise with the schoo/local authority, Fleet Education Services or other key stakeholders to inform and support the student.
- Complete training as required and commit to safeguarding principles.
What we offer
- Competitive weekly pay through PAYE.
- Control over your workload; flexible roles that fit around your existing commitments and availability.
- Access to ongoing training opportunities including safeguarding, online tutoring and CPD.
- A team of Tuition Co-ordinators who will work closely with you to find the right roles for you, and who provide ongoing support for each assignment.
- Minimum degree level qualification
- CELTA/TEFL/TESOL qualification preferred
- Minimum 6 months English teaching/tutoring experience preferred
- Professional teaching qualification desirable but not essential
- Experience or wish to work with students with SEN, SEMH and other complex needs desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the national curriculum desirable but not essential
- A commitment to safeguarding
- Must live and be eligible to work in the UK
- Must be willing to undertake a full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and referencing process, as well as subscribing to the DBS Update Service
Diversity and Inclusion: We work together.
Fleet Education Services’ mission is to help students of all abilities and backgrounds achieve their potential, and for us to succeed in this, our people are placed at the heart of everything we do. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce has a positive impact on all our learners and together, we can help them reach their goals. To that end, we welcome all applications regardless of religion, age, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability status or any other aspect which makes you unique.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this EFL/ESOL Tutors required job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally