Salary: £10.18 per hour plus Veolia benefits
Location: Based at Amenity Way, Morden, SM4 4AX (There may be a requirement to travel to our Wembley site to share knowledge and learn new skills)
Programme Duration: 36 Months
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone.
Our apprenticeship scheme puts you at the forefront of Ecological Transformation, contributing towards our purpose of protecting the planet’s natural resources, while supporting the communities we work in.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave
- Access to our people’s pension scheme
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well known retailers
- One paid days leave every year to volunteer and support your community
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
During this programme, we’ll help you to develop your practical and behavioural skills and support you in gaining the technical and professional knowledge required for you to succeed in your career.
As well as this, you’ll also gain qualifications in Level 3 Certificate in HGV Maintenance, Level 3 NVQ (Competency) in Maintenance & Working Safely (H&S) Certificate.
With many of our colleagues starting as apprentices you’ll receive full support and guidance from everyone throughout.
By the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll have received industry-standard training and attained qualifications that will enable you to progress and reach your full potential.
You will also attend our Fleet Academy in Bristol whilst undertaking this apprenticeship programme on a block basis.
What you’ll be doing;
- Carrying out inspections and maintenance on a variety of HGV vehicles, mainly on refuse collection vehicles to DVSA standards
- Servicing vehicles as per OEM recommendations
- Carrying out diagnostics on a variety of systems to correctly diagnose faults before repair
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed correctly and complies legally
What we’re looking for;
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s Grade 4/C (or equivalent) achieved or predicted, including Maths & English
- Good problem-solving skills
Before we can consider your application further, you’ll need to complete a couple of short, gamified assessments. If you’re successful following this, we’ll then invite you to one of our virtual assessment days and a site visit.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we’re proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.