Contract type: Fixed Term/Secondment for 9 months
Hours: hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Maternity Quality and Governance team for 9 months. The successful applicant will be part of a supportive, friendly team, demonstrating positivity in their involvement towards maternity clinical governance and patient safety. The post holder will work collaboratively within the multi-disciplinary team and will be actively involved in a variety of quality and governance projects.
Our Trust has maternity services spanning York, Selby, Malton, Scarborough, Whitby and Bridlington – these are areas of historic value and outstanding beauty, providing lovely places for walking, shopping, families and entertainment.
If you wish to apply for this role on a secondment basis please seek permission from your current line manager before applying for the position.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will be part of our supportive team, demonstrating positivity in a proactive approach towards clinical governance and patient safety.
You will contribute to identifying trends in the incident reporting system and, through audit, become actively involved in promoting a safe maternity service.
The post holder will have the opportunity to lead audit and and the development of guidelines within the team and be involved in quality improvement work and investigations.
The post is based at either York Hospital or Scarborough Hospital but will support the services on both sites.
Please do feel free to get in touch to discuss this role further!
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust’s dedicated Staff Benefits pages.
24 April 2023
Agenda for change
£33,706 to £40,588 a year pro rata
A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description.
Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind; we are open; and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks – including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks – to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact:
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have.
Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE – Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.
- Minimum of 2 years at Band 6 (or above)
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Qualification in risk management/ Governance and or Quality Improvement
- Experience in clinical audit and benchmarking
- Registered Midwife with current NMC registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Maternity Quality and Governance Midwife job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally