Weare looking for a Locum Speciality Doctor grade psychiatrist. The post holders mainrole is to provide clinical input and support of team members of the CommunityMental Health Team which provide mental health services to adult patients ofworking age (18-65) in the Torbay area of Devon.
This is a full time,community-based post (though interested LTFT candidates will also beconsidered). The Post holder will be mainly based at the Devon PartnershipTrust base at Chadwell Centre, Paignton, where admin space and secretarial support will be provided.
Main duties of the job
ThePost holders main role is to provide clinical input and leadership to thelocality Assessment Team, and the Community Mental Health Team and to thereferring General Practitioners regarding diagnosis, treatment and managementof risk of patients. The post holder will also be responsible for prescribingClozapine to community patients.
The CommunityMental Health Team provides on-going support for patients by RecoveryCo-ordination (Care Co-ordination) with severe and enduring mental illness andcomplex needs. The post holder is expected to be actively involved informulating a care plan and treatment plan based on evidence-based treatmentguidelines.
The post holder is expected to work inclose liaison and collaboratively with other services/agencies. The post holder would be a key member of themulti-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working between teams, otherServices, and primary care.
About Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health, learning disability and neurodiversity services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people’s recovery.
We are committed to developing a culture of coproduction, involving patients, families & carers in everything we do
We not only recruit based on qualifications & experience – we recruit individuals who possess & demonstrate the behaviours which underpin our Trusts core values. These include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile; making time for people; challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health conditions, neurodiversity or learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Leader Employer.
17 April 2023
Hospital medical and dental staff
£51,000 to £80,000 a year
Full-time, Part-time, Flexible working
Please refer to the full Job Description and Person specification attached to this advert which will provide further information on this role.
Practical Arrangements and Physical
- Meets professional health requirements.
- Ability to be mobile across a geographical area in a timely manner and in accordance to service need
- Access to appropriate transport to fulfil the post.
- Has completed at least four years full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis)
- at least two of these years need to be in a specialty training programme in a relevant specialty or as a fixed term specialty trainee in a relevant specialty; or
- the doctor has equivalent experience and competencies.
- Experience at SHO level or above of working in the field of General Adult Psychiatry
- MB BS or equivalent
- GMC registration.
- Membership or Affiliateship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent.
- Approved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983.
- Interest in maintaining up to date clinical knowledge base.
- Enthusiasm to contribute to research on site.
- Publications in peer reviewed journals.
- IT skills.
- Commitment to involvement in on site programme of clinical governance
- Knowledge of evidence based practice, clinical audit and involvement of users and carers in service provision
Personal Skills, Motivation and CPD
- Ability to communicate with clarity in spoken and written form.
- Flexible approach, keen to accept new challenges.
- Punctuality/good time management.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Well organised.
- Ability to organise own learning/CPD.
- Commitment to process of CPD
- Ability to critically examine practice.
- A desire to further training and experience of dialogical approaches to the management of mental health care needs.
- Registered with Royal College of Psychiatrists for CPD.
Clinical knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983.
- Excellent clinical skills in interviewing and physical and psychological assessment of patients.
- Writing comprehensive, clear medical notes.
- Ability to manage crises and act independently.
- Ability to manage potentially violent and disturbed patients.
- Confidence in assessing and managing physical health problems and emergencies.
- Evidence based knowledge of General Adult psychiatry.
- Knowledge of clinical risk management.
- Knowledge of relevant Mental Health legislation.
- Up to date CPR training.
- Ability to apply psychological
- models to practical situations.
- Familiarity with systemic practice and dialogical approaches to mental health care.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).