We are partnering a fashion and retail business located in Manchester with the appointment of a bookkeeper. On a growth trajectory, this is a great opportunity to join a friendly and successful business within the ladies retail footwear sector.
Reporting into the Director duties will include:
- Bank reconciliation, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Credit Control, Payroll and Expenses.
- Query resolution on control accounts, debtors & creditors
- Preparation of data/reporting for financial controller for quarterly management accounts.
- Payroll preparation with an understanding of PAYE, national insurance and pensions and commission payment
- submitting monthly pension schedules
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Accruals & prepayments and other journals
- Maintenance of purchase ledger
- Payment of purchase invoices
- Issuing invoices to customers
- Previous experience with bookkeeping working on a variety of accounts
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/AAT/CIMA) – desirable, but not essential
- Experience using Sage
- Advanced Excel & Reporting skills
- Strong Organisational & IT skills
- Proactive with the ability to prioritise workload & meet tight deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive data professionally & maintain confidentiality
- Salary up tot £30,000
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly and collaborative team in a fast paced and exciting environment
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data: roberthalf.co.uk/legal-information/privacy-notice.
Security alert: scammers are currently targeting jobseekers. Robert Half do not ask candidates for a fee or request candidates to send applications through instant messaging services such as WhatsApp or Telegram. Learn how to protect yourself by visiting our website: roberthalf.co.uk/fraud-alert