Young Persons Worker
Salary: £21,300 per annum.
Location: Staffordshire, with hubs in Rugeley and Newcastle-under-Lyme.
Contract/Hours: Fixed Term, Full-Time (until end of March 2024). Working 37 hours a week, generally Monday to Friday with some early evening work 2 nights a week.
Benefits: 29 days annual leave PLUS bank holidays, professional qualifications, excellent training and development opportunities, flexible maternity, adoption, and paternity packages, up to 7% employer contribution pension, discount portal with your favourite brands and Blue Light Card eligibility.
Vulnerable children in the UK need your help
Wherever you work in the Action for Children family, you’ll be helping to change the lives of the most vulnerable children in the UK.
Last year, we helped more than 670,000 children and families across the UK. From direct work in communities to national campaigning, we are focused on making sure every child has a safe and happy childhood, and the foundations they need to thrive.
Why Action for Children?
Working here is more than a job. Everyone in the Action for Children family is passionate about protecting and supporting children. It’s the sense of purpose that drives us every single day. Because we know that, when we work together, we can make a huge difference to bring lasting improvements to vulnerable children’s lives.
A bit about the role
Staffordshire Emotional Health and Wellbeing Services deliver a range of support to children and young people aged between 5 and 25 years, and their families. Our aim is to transform and improve outcomes for Children and Young People with mild to moderate Emotional Health and Wellbeing problems, specifically those who are vulnerable and at risk. We respond at the earliest possible opportunity using short, Evidence Based interventions along with information, advice, and guidance, with our partners. The collaborative model is designed to increase resilience and reduce the development of more entrenched mental health issues.
How you’ll help to create brighter futures
We are currently looking for a Young Persons Worker to travel and work across Staffordshire, based from home. You will make a difference by:
- Building effective relationships with children, young people and their families and being a good communicator.
- Supporting the team to deliver interventions which improve children and young people’s emotional wellbeing.
- Supporting practitioners to run groups for children and young people as well as facilitating your own group sessions.
- Supporting young people to access self-help and digital interventions.
- Supporting young people to overcome anxiety when accessing school or community activities.
- Promoting the service at community venues and events.
- Working from the hub offices as well as in the community.
- Keeping accurate records of work undertaken using IT based recording system.
Let’s talk about You.
There is always opportunity for development with Action for Children. In this role, you will be supported by our Practitioners and the wider team. Our job description for the Young Persons Worker outlines the requirements of the role but the ‘must-haves’ are:
- Experience of working with children, young people.
- Sensitivity to the needs of children, young people and families who are emotionally distressed.
- To work within a team environment, demonstrating tact and diplomacy with other members of staff.
- Proactive with a can-do attitude.
- Having a willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Flexibility to work early mornings, early evenings and occasional weekends.
- Access to a transport to travel across Staffordshire.
Good to know.
Application Process: There are five sections to complete: Personal Details, CV, Supporting Statement & Information, Equality & Diversity, Submission & Declaration.
Interviews: Interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place on Tuesday, 9th May 2023.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Action for Children, we’re dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. We actively encourage applications from Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic, and disabled candidates as they are under-represented within Action for Children. We want to take deliberate and purposeful action to ensure equal opportunity to all groups in society and for Action for Children.
Male staff are under-represented within our Children Service roles. We would like to encourage more male applicants for our Children Service roles.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, we’d love you to apply anyway. You might just be the perfect person for this role, or another role within the Action for Children family.