The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust which includes the Royal Free hospital, Barnet Hospital, Chase Farm Hospital and associatedservices is a high performing Trust with some of the best clinical outcomes in the pain management service works across both the inpatient and outpatient services looking after patients with acute and chronic pain. Thepain nurses are part of a large multidisciplinary team which includes pain consultants, pain physiotherapists, pain psychologists and Royal Free provides many specialist and world renowned services such as liver and renal transplantation, immunology, infectious diseasesand many aspects of surgery and is a hub for both vascular and plastics services. In partnership with University College London (UCL) we are partof ground-breaking research as well as major teaching and training centre.
Main duties of the job
This post is primarily based at the Royal free site with potential cross cover to Barnet Hospital and other associated services such as Chase Farm Hospital. Our outpatient pain services are based at Edgware Community Hospital.
- To provide an autonomous specialist nursing/practitioner service through application of advanced clinical judgement and advanced knowledge of pain management
- To be a clinical expert and hold ongoing responsibility for the delivery of high quality patient care
- To take responsibility, in conjunction with team members, for your own evidence based practice
- To initiate, develop and review policies and evidence based practice in pain management
- To be innovative with nursing practice in pain management both within the Trust and through local networks
- To assist with the development of all staff within the multidisciplinary team, providing support, advice, formal and informal education
- To deliver expert specialist advice to the patients’ admitting team and other members of the multidisciplinary team caring for them
- To ensure that the referral, assessment, treatment and evaluation of inpatients suffering from chronic pain are co-ordinated in an effective manner
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in providing care and assistance to people suffering chronic pain who are seen on an outpatient basis
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A&E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle.
From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow link
26 April 2023
Agenda for change
£49,036 to £55,049 a year per annum inclusive of HCAS
Royal Free Hospital
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.
Royal Free World Class Values
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
Education & professional Qualifications
- 1 st level Registration with NMC or equivalent HCPC registered ODP)
- Qualification in the specialty of Pain Management or equivalent experience
- Teaching qualification or proven skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Qualified Non-Medical Prescriber
- Willingness to undertake MSc in Pain Management
- Nursing experience at senior level with significant experience within pain management
- Awareness of treatments available in Pain Management and clinical experience with pain control devices
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Ability to assist with the development of junior members of the pain team
- Ability to develop and revise clinical policy, procedures and guidelines
- Experience in formal and informal education and training in pain management
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this band 7 CNS pain management job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally