Areyou a highly organised & detail oriented individual looking to take thenext step in your recruitment career? Do you thrive in a fast paced environmentwhere you can make a real impact? If so we want you to join our team as a Medical Resourcing Administrator, where your unique skills & talents willbe valued. As a Medical Resourcing Administrator, you will play a vital role insupporting our recruitment processes for our Medical & Dental Staff. You’llhave the opportunity to work closely with hiring managers, candidates, andother HR professionals, and you’ll use your excellent communication andorganizational skills to keep everything running smoothly.
Whatyou’ll bring –
- Provenexperience as a recruitment administrator or similar role, and a deepunderstanding of the recruitment process
- Willingnessto learn new tools and technologies
- Excellentcommunication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build strongrelationships with candidates and hiring managers
- Strongorganizational and multitasking abilities, and a desire to work in afast-paced, dynamic environment
- Abilityto maintain confidentiality and work under pressure, and a commitment toupholding ethical and legal standards
Whyyou’ll love working with us –
- Opportunitiesfor career advancement and professional development
- Collaborativeand inclusive work culture
Main duties of the job
Thekey purpose of the role is to provide a recruitment service for medical and dental staff at the Trust, together with providing an effective HR service to clinicians, managers andstaff.
Our purpose is simple – Putting Patients First. We are looking for exceptional colleagues who can help us achieve this.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust is a large acute and specialised hospital trust that provides a range of local acute services to the residents of Worcestershire and more specialised services to a larger population in Herefordshire and beyond.
The Trust operates hospital-based services from three sites in Kidderminster, Redditch and Worcester
Our workforce is nearly 6,800 strong, and our caring staff are recognised as providing good and outstanding patient-centred care. You could be one of them.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us to achieve our Vision – working in partnership to provide the best healthcare for our communities, leading and supporting our teams to move 4ward. Our 4ward behaviours, which we ask all staff to demonstrate, underpin our everyday work and remain firmly at the heart of all we do.
Our objectives are simple:
- Best services for local people
- Best experience of care and best outcomes for our patients
- Best use of resources
- Best people
Better never stops, and our Clinical Services Strategy provides a clear future vision for our Trust, our hospitals, our services and our role in the wider health and care system.
26 April 2023
Agenda for change
£23,949 to £26,282 a year
Full-time, Part-time, Flexible working
Charles Hastings Way
1. Provide a key initial contact point forgeneral queries from both medical staff and managers on terms and conditionsand other employment matters; to record and deal with such queries, referringas appropriate.
2. Co-ordinate and participate in theeffective recruitment of medical staff including the doctor in training change-over programme, ensuring the relevantpre-employment checks have been completed and that medical staff are in postand able to work from their commencement date.
3. Produce accurate and timelydocumentation specific to the doctor in training change-over; this includes producingwork schedules, contracts of employment, and producing adverts, jobdescriptions, and arranging interviews for any training vacancy recruitment.
4. Co-ordinate the attendance of careergrade and Consultant Advisory Appointment Committees. Provide timely andaccurate appointment documentation associated with this process and to conductquality assurance checks to ensure all aspects of the statutory requirementsare adhered to.
5. Produce contractual and other employmentor payroll documentation, including undertaking assessments of salary,
6. Input, maintain and manipulate datawithin the software packages used to create rotas, ensuring compliance withworking hours limitations, ensuring compliance with national guidance and termsand conditions of service.
7. Advise managers and staff on the removalexpenses application process for doctors and ensure that applications areprocessed timely and in accordance with the appropriate policy.
8. Oversee the completion of monthly expiryreports for registration, immigration and fixed term contract reports formedical staff ensuring appropriate action is taken in accordance with agreedtimescales.
9. Maintain and update department and personnelrecords, including the Electronic Staff Record, participating in regular audits.
10. Assist with the review and developmentof medical staff procedures and identify those areas which can be improved /rationalised.
11. Undertake specific project work relatingto current HR practice and protocols as directed.
12. Contribute to the development andimprovement of the Medical Staffing systems and processes.
13. Provide cover and support to othercolleagues as required.
14. Keep up to date with HR practices andemployment law issues through all the appropriate resources, to enableeffective delivery of the HR service to the Trust.
15. Be responsible for the safety ofinformation used and sent internally and externally, this will include the safestorage and retrieval of archived material such as payroll and personal dataand the management, safety and security of information systems developed inorder to provide information and advice.
- Recent experience of working in an administrative and clerical role
- Recent experience of working in a busy office
- Recent experience of using and maintaining databases / spreadsheets
- Recent experience of recruitment and selection processes
- Experience of working in the NHS
- Previous Medical Staffing experience, to include working knowledge of AAC processes
- Foundation processes, New Deal / EWTD regulations and junior doctors rostering
- Experience of Medical Staffing terms and conditions of service and NHS recruitment and retention practices
- Previous experience of ESR (Electronic Staff Record)
- Supervisory experience
Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to staff at all levels of the organisation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages Outlook, Excel and Word
- Computer literate
- Ability to manipulate and present data, particularly numerical data
- Ability to analyse information and prepare reports
- Good numeracy skills
- Educated to GCSE standard (5 GCSEs or equivalent including Mathematics & English) (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Administrative processes
- ECDL or equivalent
- Degree or equivalent level qualifications
- Evidence of further study and personal development
- Effective team member
- Ability to manage high volume tasks on a regular basis which are at variable stages of completion
- Ability to work on own initiative with competing deadlines and manage conflicting demands
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Proven ability to produce accurate work and to meet deadlines
- Willing to engage with and learn from peers, other professionals and colleagues in the desire to support the most appropriate interventions
- Professional, calm and efficient manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible hours depending on the needs of the service