The Estates and Facilities Department covers a very diverse range of duties, which means that you would interact closely with employees and contractors on a wide range of matters.
You will work as part of a small team who are customer focussed and have a very proactive and can-do attitude.
You will contribute to saving and improving lives and what could be better than that?This is an exciting opportunity for you to join one of the best health services in the world.
As part of our team, you’re guaranteed hands-on, world-class training and plenty of opportunities to thrive and progress through your career.
Main duties of the job
In this role you will provide administrative support to ensure the effective and efficient running of the team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day management of the Regional Estates & Facilities administrative Team.
- Supporting the effective and efficient service delivery of the department both at national and regional level across its operations and management.
- Coordinating the service activities, undertaking of audits, gathering and the review of information and feeding back to management and other stakeholders
- Generating reports and the completion of minutes of meetings in a timely manner with the overseeing and the review the regions administration duties.
- Assisting management in operating across various electronic platforms and systems.
- Undertaking preparation of documents as requested by management and stakeholders
- Assisting the Regional Estates and Facilities Managers with the development of annual plans, collating required information. Using appropriate software to produce professional controlled documents, specifications and other Estates & Facilities forms.
At NHS Blood and Transplant, were incredibly proud of the many talented people who come together every day to make our organisation the very best it can be. We have clearly defined values that are centred around offering exceptional care to our donors and their families. We take care of each other too and we focus on building our expertise so we can change lives, provide quality support and offer fulfilling careers.
It’s an opportunity to contribute to a unique team as part of a service that saves lives 365 days a year. We offer brilliant benefits including 27 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), a comprehensive induction and training programme, and competitive pension scheme.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace and aim to reflect the diverse communities we work with and positively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Three small words, one big difference – Caring, Expert and Quality.
Together we’ll save and improve more lives than ever.
20 April 2023
Agenda for change
£27,055 to £32,934 a year
Please view the attached recruitment profile which is a summary of the detailed Job Description and Person Specification.
Please also view the benefits information sheet which details the benefits of working for NHSBT and the hours of work, salary, leave entitlement etc. for this role.
- Educated to degree level OR equivalent relevant experience to degree level
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) (part I & II) or ITQ2, or CLAIT II, or OCR (RSA) level 3 in text/word processing or demonstrable workplace experience
- Effective in analysing and interpreting data with evidence of numeric skills
- A detailed understanding of good customer service
- Extensive experience as an administrator / assistant in a service environment
- Previous supervisory experience gained in a busy office environment
- High degree of reliability and accuracy in relation to the production of information and data entry
- Understanding of the key principles of budgetary management
- Experience of working with Information Technology using Microsoft Office packages (Word, Access, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and use of internet
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Office Manager – Estates and Facilities job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally