Band 5 – Lead Administrator, Newham, London
- To be responsible for the management of administrative staff and team processes.
- To ensure that efficient and effective administrative support is provided to the service area and to ensure service delivery in partnership with local management teams.
- Ensuring effective in-house administration systems are in place to support service delivery.
- To regularly review and revise systems in conjunction with the service/team leaders.
- Provide senior administrative support to the Service Manager/Team Leader as required.
- To work alongside and to cover, when appropriate, other administration leads and staff across several locations.
- To provide site management support, ensuring that the building and working environment conditions remain appropriate and conducive to allow the Trust to safely and effectively deliver its services.
- Liaising with appropriate stakeholders to ensure identified actions are completed in an effective and timely manner.
Main duties of the job
- To be a part of the service management team and together with the team, support the wider development of the service, including clinical improvements and standard setting.
- To operationally manage the administration staff within the service ensuring that effective and efficient support is provided at all times – working closely with the Community Admin Manager to ensure cover at all times.
- To ensure that systems are in place for the ordering, distribution and stock control for stationary/office supplies and clinical supplies and make recommendations for improvement where necessary.
- When required, manage the appointment systems for the clinics, highlighting any queries/problems with the waiting list in a timely manner; assess with others involved in the service the most appropriate and effective methods, of managing the waiting lists and appointments.
- To undertake delegated responsibility to represent the service on Trust committees and projects as required.
- To liaise with other departments and Service Manager’s to ensure the Health and Safety of staff.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people’s lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive – so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
28 April 2023
Agenda for change
£31,163 to £37,875 a year per annum, inc HCA
For a more detailed job description and person specification please see attached JD & PS.
For contact information please see below.
- Good level of education GCSE or equivalent in English and Math’s
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Evidence of Continual Professional Development
- Degree Educated
- At least 3 years NHS experience or equivalent office management experience
- At least 3 years first line management experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages
- Excellent Minute Taking
- Experience of recruitment and retention
- RiO/EMIS Experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work to deadlines with proven time management skills
- Evidence of customer care skills
- Ability to construct clear, grammatically correct letters, e-mails and reports, presenting work accurately and neatly
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .