We are looking to appoint motivated and enthusiastic Band 7 Neonatal Nurse with leadership experience and able to demonstrate the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfil this role.
We have 2 neonatal units, level 2 at Barnet Hospital site with 30 cots including Intensive care and High dependency cots. A level 1 Neonatal unit at The Royal Free Hospital site with 14 Special Care cots. You will be employed at the Royal Free site but with the opportunity to work cross site when required. The units have friendly, motivated and dynamic teams that promote Family Integrated Care.
Main duties of the job
The main duties of this role are:
- Deliver direct patient care to babies meeting the criteria for ITU, HDU and Special Care levels of needs.
- Dealing with clinical emergencies as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Clear communication with parents and colleagues.
- Help and support parents, keeping them updated about their babies.
- Teach and support students and new staff and junior members of staff.
- Escalate concerns appropriately.
- Take part in quality improvement projects and audits on the unit.
- Complete timely discharge planning for babies on the unit.
- Royal Free Hospital is part of Barnet NHS Foundation Trust group offering a wide range of acute medical services including paediatrics, and Maternity among others. We are located at Hampstead Heath.
20 April 2023
Agenda for change
£49,036 to £55,049 a year per annum inclusive of HCAS
Royal Free Hospital
London Hampstead Heath
Please see the attached detailed job description and main responsibilities for this advert. For further information, please contact Kadijatu Sesay either by phone on 07929789045 or via email at to discuss.
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
Education and Qualifications
- RN / RSCN / RM / RN(Child or Adult)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Course (Formerly ENB 405)
- Practice Assessor/Mentorship (formerly ENB 998/997)
- Diploma/degree in relevant subject
- Enhanced Neonatal Nursing Course (ENNP) and NLS
- Child Protection Training
- Management or Leadership Course
- Working towards Degree Level
- Minimum experience of 5 years at Band 6 or above level
- Experience of non-clinical management
- Facilitating and teaching staff and students
- Change management
- Evidence of recent studies in relevant field
- Previous Band 7 experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Updated clinical skills in a relevant setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team spirited and able to motivate self and others
- Effective leadership – able to manage self, others and inspire confidence
- Effective interpersonal skills, able to work with and within a diverse team and environment
- Able to work under pressure with good IT skills
- Analytical and judgmental skills – able to assess a situation and act responsively and appropriately
- Effective at prioritisation and delegation
- Evidence of up to date mandatory and statutory training
- Evidence of clinical competence
- Resource management and Presentation Skills Ability to demonstrate the Trust Values
- Research experience
- Desire to extend professional skills and knowledge
- Competent use of Badgernet
- Competent use of Health roster
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).