Project Business Manager
Salary: Competitive plus annual performance bonus, car allowance, medical cover and pension
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Location: Falkirk, FK2 7UY (you may be required to travel/work in other locations at times)
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone. It’s why we’re looking for someone who’s just as committed as we are, to push for genuine change and bring our ambition of Ecological Transformation to life.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- Eligible for an annual performance bonus
- Private medical cover
- 25 days of annual leave
- Choice of company car or car cash allowance
- Access to our company pension scheme
- One paid days leave every year to volunteer and support your community
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
What you’ll be doing as the Project Business Manager;
As the Project Business Manager you will be accountable for providing specialised project support to the Commercial Business. Your purpose is to provide support at Business Manager and Area Manager level and take on management responsibilities for variable periods across the UK Commercial Business.
- You will be responsible for supporting our ambitious growth plans and strategies, due diligence and the integration for acquisitions, ensuring the acquired business effectively integrates within Veolia UK&I, evolving the operating standards and procedures to our Veolia Minimum Requirements.
- You will be accountable for effectively leading teams whilst on projects, delivering on all aspects of the commercial strategy in a safe and legally compliant manner, whilst maximising profitability, achieving operational excellence and delivering a first class customer service.
- Define and establish effective working relationships across wider functions such as Fleet, Customer Services, Sales, Risk & Assurance, HR & Finance, ensuring that clear and efficient cross functional operational processes are defined, whilst driving continuous improvement, accountability and compliance.
- Build the identity of the team you are supporting, maximising competitiveness, value and efficiency in all aspects of its design, development and implementation.
- Create, implement and lead the short (0-3 months) and medium (12 months) strategy for the area, ensuring engagement and commitment from key stakeholders at all levels.
- To work with HR on the development of cultural change activities in order to embed a consistent Commercial people message across all our teams.
- To actively engage with senior management to embed desired cultural behaviours and values.
- Deliver solutions efficiently and profitably to all national, regional and local clients associated with the project.
- Develop and encourage innovation to tackle the expectations and demands of customers, as well as changes in market conditions and legislation.
What we’re looking for;
- Experience of leading & managing Commercial Waste businesses.
- IOSH Managing Safely is essential.
- Level 5 Leadership & Management or equivalent work experience is essential, Level 7 is desirable.
- Experience of leading and driving transformation and change.
- Strategic thinker who is solution focussed and creative, with the ability to implement strategy and embed into a business.
- Ability to build relationships and influence at mid to senior leadership level.
- Experience of leading and influencing across a matrixed environment.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritise among competing priorities.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we’re proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.