Would you like to develop and shape an important open access journal?
Do you want to use your passion for science to help publish exciting research?
About our Team
We are recruiting for an in-house Editor in Chief to help further develop our industry leading Open Access journal Neuroimage. This is a superb opportunity for you join a motivated and creative team and play a critical role in the development of this journal.
About the Role
You will be responsible for overseeing the team of internal and external editors, assuring all relevant and scientifically accurate research is considered for publication. You will drive the continued growth of the Journal in terms of quality and volume and will drive new initiatives to keep the journal at the leading edge of research communication. This role can be based from our UK offices (Oxford or London) or our offices in the China (Beijing).
- Managing the editorial process of the journal and acting as the main point of contact for the journal editors
- Establishing and maintaining close contacts with the scientific community in academia and industry
- Managing the general and multidisciplinary neuroimaging sections (managing peer review, making final decisions)
- Building a network of guest editors, scientific reviewers, and authors in multiple sub-specialties
- Working with other Editors on the solicitation of journal content in high-interest fields and emerging areas
- Have a PhD in neuroscience ideally specialising in neuroimaging
- Have a record of having published papers in scientific journals
- Have at least 5 years of editorial experience in managing peer review and in making final decisions on manuscripts
- Have excellent communication skills, and excellent written and spoken English
- Have broad scientific interests and a passion for helping scientists publish their work
- Have the ability to build relationships both within the scientific community as well as within Elsevier
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
- Working remotely from home and at our office in a hybrid working style
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career, as this role is global, benefits may vary according to your location. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Health care plans and benefits
- Modern Family Benefits, including maternity, paternity, adoption and surrogacy
- Life assurance and accident policies
- Comprehensive pension and retirement plans
- Access to learning and development resources
- Your recruiter will advise you on the benefits package for your location
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
When you work with us, your work matters. You are part of an organization that nurtures your curiosity to stimulate innovation for the communities that we serve.
Growing Every Day
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development.
Colleagues Who Care
You will be part of the Elsevier family. We will support your well-being and provide the flexibility you need to thrive at work and home.
Together, we create possibilities.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing a fair and accessible hiring process. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodation or adjustment, please let us know by completing our Applicant Request Support Form: https://forms.office.com/r/eVgFxjLmAK .