Catering Manager – Defence Catering – Northallerton – £35,000p/a
Our client is seeking a Catering Manager for an MOD contract in North Yorkshire.
Responsible for the catering for Junior and Senior ranks messes, you will be in charge of a a small team providing for up to 600 MOD staff across site.
Ideally they are looking for someone with contract catering managerial experience, as you will be responsible for Catering, Event work, and retail.
This is a 7 day a week operation, with shift patterns and a 5/7 rota (1 in 3 weekends off).
- Management of a large contract or multiple outlets with a team of Chefs and Assistants
- Ensure tasks are appropriately allocated so teams are fully utilised and food preparation activities are delivered using standard recipes and in line with brand standards
- Responsible for ensuring efficient execution and delivery of all food line products in line with the daily menu
- Maintain integrity of the standard food offer, responsible for maintaining food quality and integrity of items at all times
- Accountable for stock flow and rotation of product within the unit
- Overall accountability for the performance of the Food Preparation team, including performance monitoring, record keeping, recruitment and development.
- Lead the team to use best practice Food Production techniques using the systems and brand standards.
- Handle customer complaints as required
- Maintain communication with all team members and third parties as required e.g. client contacts
- Direct and coach team members to learn procedures and standards for all kitchen tasks, ensuring all training and development needs are met
- Ensure complete compliance with food safety and health and safety legislation
- Manage incidents and health & safety issues
Please apply with an up to date CV in Word or PDF format.
Kellan Group (including all of our brands, Berkeley Scott, RK and Quantica) are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business. You’ll find a wide selection of vacancies on our websites
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Catering Manager job in Thirsk, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally