We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for a Housekeeper to join our busy Housekeeping team at One Hatfield Hospital. We’re looking for enthusiastic experienced housekeepers who are passionate about their role and share our high standards.
Hours: 25 per week, part time
Shifts: Mix of early, middle and late shifts.
Our hospital is open 7 days per week – you will also be required to work weekends as and when needed.
Reporting to the Housekeeping Lead, the successful Housekeeper will assist in the delivery of excellent patient service across all areas of the hospital by providing a high quality housekeeping service.
You will ensure that excellent standards of cleanliness and hygiene are both achieved and maintained at all times.
As a key member of this vital team, you will be charged with all aspects of cleaning within all clinical and communal areas and consultation rooms. This will include infection control and quality assurance.
This critical role is key to the safety and well being of our patients and team members.
The role will involve:
- Cleaning common areas, patient rooms and bathrooms to the required standards;
- Cleaning Theatres, DSU, Outpatients, Imaging, and other non-Ward areas of the hospital to the required standards using the methods and materials outlined in the Housekeeping Handbook;
- Ensuring cleaning materials are used according to the relevant COSHH requirements;
- Working within infection control guidelines at all times when working within clinical areas of the hospital
- Replenishing linen and toiletries, etc. as directed.
- GCSE in Maths and English or equivalent qualification
- Ideally you will have experience within a cleaning / housekeeping or a hygiene based role where you have worked to deadlines and within set guidelines.
- You will need high attention to detail with the ability to follow instruction working with minimal supervision on occasions..
- Knowledge and understanding of COSHH regulations
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and be able to work alone using initiative when required.
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the department
- Excellent customer care skills
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and a good team player with a collaborative approach to achieving goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Patient orientated with a focus on continuous service improvement
- Energetic, achievement focused and willing to work hard under pressure
- Housekeeping experience in a hospital environment.
About the Hospital
One Hatfield Hospital is Hertfordshire’s newest private hospital and has the very latest technology ensuring that our operating theatres provide patients and employees with the very best environment to keep them safe and free from infection.
Our private hospital is home to the latest theatres, luxury en-suite bedrooms, specialist rehabilitation Physiotherapy and outpatient diagnostic facilities including fast-track access to X-ray, CT, MRI and ultrasound.
One Hatfield is ideally located for candidates around the Hatfield, St Albans, Stevenage, Watford, North London, Essex and throughout Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire
The health and well-being of our patients and staff is our priority at One Healthcare and vaccination offers the best protection against the Covid-19 virus.
We strongly encourage the vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against Covid-19, keeping both our patients and employees safe.
Our Recruitment Process
At One Hatfield Hospital we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive working environment. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Any offers of employment made by One Hatfield Hospital will be subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK and receipt of a satisfactory DBS Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
One Hatfield Hospital reserves the right to remove job adverts before the closing date.