An exciting opportunity has arisen for a band 6physiotherapist to join the inpatient therapy team at Evesham communityhospital, for Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and care trust.
We require a motivated and innovative therapist to join our team. The post is astatic post for 37.5 hours per week, this will include a weekend rota. We workas part of a highly specialised MDT team and this is an excellent opportunityto further develop specialist skills within this setting, while contributing tointegrated and cohesive team working.
The candidate will receive regular supervisionand support, as well as a variety of training opportunities includingparticipation in the in-service training programme and regular joint workingwith specialist staff from a variety of disciplines. There will be opportunityto be involved in service development, including implementing qualityimprovement interventions, outcome measures and audit.
Main duties of the job
The roleswill involve inpatient assessment and delivery of physiotherapy interventionsto the adult population of Worcestershire within the inpatient therapy team atEvesham commuity hospital, within stroke, neurology and general rehab caseload.
You will berequired to assess, treat and manage a caseload of patients, working alongsidethe multidisciplinary team to provide a holistic goal orientated approach torehabilitation. You will liaise with families and patients and be an activepart in safe and timely discharge planning, including liaising with othercommunity-based teams and services.
Wewould expect you to contribute to high quality, patient-centered care usingevidence-based knowledge, audit and outcome measures. There will also be anopportunity to assist with service development and to teach and supervise otherclinicians and students and help to shape the future workforce.
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
03 March 2023
Agenda for change
£33,706 to £40,588 a year
Evesham Community Hospital
- Demonstrate the values and beliefs of theorganisation.
- Act as a role model to colleagues, maintaining thehighest standards of professionalism.
- Work as part of a cohesive and dynamic team
- Use their initiative and take responsibility for thequality of their work and the service they provide to patients.
- Provide a physiotherapy service within a variedcaseload and working as part of a specialist MDT.
- Provide complex therapeutic facilitatory skills
- Be an active part of complex discharge planning
- Be adaptable and flexible
- Undertake physiotherapeutic assessments andinterventions with diverse complex presentation
- Hold responsibility for own caseload and beresponsible for a defined area of the service/particular patient type, workingwithout direct supervision.
- Deputise for Senior Physiotherapist
- Supervise and train health care professionals, carers,assistants and families.
- Sound knowledge of NHS and professional issues and anunderstanding of clinical governance
For full details of the duties and criteriafor the role please refer to the job description and person specificationattached.
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC registration
- Evidence of relevant post- graduate) courses/CPD maintained in portfolio
- Relevant validated clinical course/s
- Evidence of relevant post Graduate courses/CPD, maintained in portfolio
- A minimum of 2 years post graduate experience including work in a variety of specialities
- Experience of supervision of junior staff or students.
- Experience of delegation to qualified/unqualified staff
- Experience of delegation to unqualified staff
- Experience of audit
- Experience of supervision of junior staff or students.
- Excellent knowledge of physiotherapy in relevant areas.
- Knowledge of IT skills
- Awareness of audit
- Awareness of research processes
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to challenge poor behaviour
- Role modelling good behaviour
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback
- Ability to praise and be supportive to others
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Good critical appraisal skills
- Teaching and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-directed learning
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be able to work collaboratively
- within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to work well with others
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Ability to pass on skills/ knowledge to others
- Able to maintain judgement and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to maintain contemporaneous, accurate and
- up to date patient records.
- Effective time management
- Committed to personal and team development
- Reliable and flexible
- Forward thinking
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the post
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Physiotherapist – In-Patient Therapy Team job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally