The post holder will be responsible for providing a front of house reception service for an extremely busy radiology department. This will include a full appointment booking system and ensuring all radiology desks are run efficiently in accordance with department protocols. The post holder must also focus on the needs of the patient in accordance with the department and national booking programme. The post holder must have full working knowledge and understanding of radiology investigations, information systems and booking protocols.
The post holder will participate in the rotation through radiology reception desks and be expected to undertake additional clerical duties pertaining to specific areas. The post holder will also be expected to liaise with the Lead Superintendents along with other clinical staff within the department.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for providing a full appointment booking service and organising reception desks to ensure all radiology desks are run efficiently in accordance with department protocols. The post holder also will focus on the needs of the patient in accordance with the department and national booking programme. The post holder must have full working knowledge and understanding of radiology investigations, information systems and booking protocols.
Please note, this post will involve weekend working on a rotational/shift basis.
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of c£1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 15,000 staff based across South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local and specialist services across its five sites. The trust-wide strategy of Strong Roots, Global Reachis our Vision to be BOLD, Brilliant people, Outstanding care, Leaders in Research, Innovation and Education, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. By being person-centred, digitally-enabled, and focused on sustainability, we aim to take Team King’s to another level.
We are at a pivotal point in our history and we require individuals who are ready to join a highly professional team and make a real, lasting difference to our patients and our people.
King’s is committed to delivering Sustainable Healthcare for All via our Green Plan. In line with national Greener NHS ambitions, we have set net zero carbon targets of 2040 for our NHS Carbon Footprint and 2045 for our NHS Carbon Footprint Plus. Everyone’s contribution is required in order to meet the goals set out in our Green Plan and we encourage all staff to work responsibly, minimising their contributions to the Trust’s carbon emissions, waste and pollution wherever possible.
20 February 2023
Agenda for change
£26,618 to £28,065 a year per annum
Princess Royal University Hospital
- Responsible for welcoming patients, staff and all other visitors to the reception desk, deal with all enquiries in a kind and courteous manner.
- Responsible for checking personal details and updating when booking appointments or when patient attends on CRIS and PIMS system.
- Responsible for dealing with all referral forms in accordance with the department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting information on referral forms and become familiar with terminology.
- Answering and dealing with a high volume of calls via the call centre phone system.
- Responsible for ensuring all GP request forms are scanned for reporting purposes.
- Responsible for taking post to post room in order to ensure the prompt delivery of appointment letters
- Responsible for making appointments using the CRIS System adhering to RTT booking targets
- Responsible for accessing appointment booking systems for all routine x-ray, screening and scanning diaries to identify appointment times.
- Responsible for checking waiting lists on CRIS system daily ensuring appointments are made within the department timescales(RTT)
- Responsible for entering data onto CRIS system accurately.
- Responsible for printing and dispatching electronically produced appointment letters having identified appropriate preparation and information leaflets for enclosure.
- Responsible for monitoring patients in the waiting area and responding to their needs and alerting appropriate members of staff if patient is in need of assistance.
- Responsible for printing and sending out DNA letters
- Responsible for reporting equipment/system faults to the IT Department.
- Carryout all other administrative duties e.g. emailing, photocopying, organising porters.
- Observe and maintain strict confidentiality of personal information relating to both patients and staff.
- To be fully aware of safety policies and procedures of working in all radiology areas
- Be fully proficient on all patient information systems throughout the Trust in order to extract information and monitor patients pathways (e.g. from PIMS, EPR, CRIS)
- To ensure that all daily tasks and ongoing workloads are prioritised and completed within agreed timeframes.
- To cover for colleagues during periods of absence
- To be responsible for negotiating with ward staff to arrange in-patients examinations at a mutually convenient time for the ward and modality.
- Responsible for preparing morning and afternoon in-patients list when required.
- Responsible for preparing porters patient collection list
- To act as a chaperone to radiologists/sonographer during sensitive examinations as and when required
- To undertake further duties not covered in the job description to ensure smooth running of the department and are deemed appropriate to grade and responsibilities of the post.
- Educated to GCSE level to include Mathematics and English
- ICT Qualification or equivalent work based experience
- Working as part of a team/busy environment
- Administrative and Clerical experience
- Working to strict deadlines
- Experience of dealing with the public
- Experience of working within NHS.
- Experience of working within radiology
- Experience of CRIS, PIMS, and EPR
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Ability to handle patient data and information in a confidential and sensitive fashion.
- Must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing workload and direction.
- Knowledge of national DM01, RTT and cancer waiting time targets
- Understanding of medical terminology
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Radiography Administration Assistant job in Hebburn, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally