We are seeking a Head of Type 1 Services to deliver a new, ambitious programme of services for children and young people living with type 1 diabetes across the UK. This programme is called Our Lives, Our Choices, Our Voices and is funded for 5 years by the Steve Morgan Foundation. The postholder will also lead two further teams, our type 1 events team, and our strategic type 1 lead to bring together our type 1 services into one team to develop new services at scale in a way that has not been possible until now.
Our Lives, Our Choices, Our Voices offers a range of impactful online and digital services for children, young people and their families and we will work with local partners, communities, health care professionals and paediatric units to influence the health care system to increase support for them too. We want to create impact that lasts well beyond the lifetime of this programme. Our type 1 events team offers a range of highly regarded weekender and summer camps throughout the UK offering life changing opportunities for children and young people and their parents and carers, as diabetes affects the whole family.
We have a friendly and inclusive working environment here at Diabetes UK and are proud of our hybrid approach which allows great flexibility in the way that we work. This means that you can balance your working time between home and the office, subject to the needs of your role.
Interview Date(s): TBC
This role is home-based.
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working (not applicable to roles with fixed shift patterns)
- 2 Days TOIL in recognition of fixed shift patterns (pro-rata for part-time)
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren’t available until you’ve passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
This is a new senior role in the services team and is a member of the services leadership team. You will work closely with the Assistant Directors of Local Impact and Services, as well as with the services and local impact teams. You will be responsible for developing a high performing thriving cross organisational Our Lives, Our Choices, Our Voices team to deliver the programmes ambitious targets and for embedding this team with two further teams, the type 1 events team and our type 1 lead, into a new type 1 services team. With the team you will offer a substantial new impactful range of digital and face to face service, and influencing initiatives, at a local and national level at scale. You will work collaboratively with teams in the nations and the regions to ensure targets are met, ensure the programme can report on reach and impact working with teams and an external evaluator, and the governance and new safe legal and healthy frameworks are effective.
Ideally you will have experience of developing and managing a range of national digital and face to face services in the voluntary sector in a youth or health care setting and can evidence the impact the programme has made. Comfortable taking the lead and ensuring change can happen at pace, you will also be able to evidence how you identify risks and take the necessary steps to action and resolve. You will have a strong track record of working collaboratively across an organisation and of using impact and outcome measurement to develop and evolve services. With experience of working both strategically and operationally, you will bring new insight and ideas to our plans. With a proven record of developing and leading high performing teams, you will share our passion that every child and young person deserves to live their best life with type 1 diabetes.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Head of Type 1 Services job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally