The Community Palliative Care Nurse facilitates high quality palliative care to patients and their families. They are able to work independently, and as part of the wider health care team.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in Palliative care. You will work closely with your team to support and facilitate end of life care at home. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in facilitating self-care for patients with long term conditions, health promotion and innovative activities and projects that enhance patient service delivery and staff wellbeing.
Experience in the field of adult palliative and community services is desirable
We are looking for someone who is dynamic and motivated and has the confidence to support, coach and develop individuals to deliver consistently high quality services. You will also be required to manage your own caseload. Excellent communication and time management skills, and sound clinical knowledge, is essential. A flexible approach is required to accommodate the changing needs of the service along with the drive to influence service development.
We offer excellent development opportunities and training that can be directed towards your needs/goals.
You must have a driving license and have access to a vehicle in order to carry out your duties. You will be required to work a shift pattern covering 7 days a week. The posts are full time.
Main duties of the job
We have an exciting opportunity for a band 6 role Senior Palliative care nurse to work within the Specialist palliative care team within Bedfordshire community health services. If you are passionateabout palliative care to work within the community and provide excellent patient care for people with a palliative diagnosis. The role includes supporting, assessing and managing palliative patientsand those important to them. Providing advice to the wider MDT, working closely with general practices, community nurses and allied health professionals.If you would like to be part of a CQC outstanding rated trust then this could be the role for you.Applicants should have the knowledge and skills required to care for palliative patients and support those important to them. Be aware of both the national and local ambitions for palliative care andcan foster an effective working relationship with professionals, volunteer services and those we serve. If this is you please apply for this exciting role.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people’s lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive – so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
23 February 2023
Agenda for change
£33,706 to £40,588 a year per annum
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy for further information
Education/ Qualification/ Training
- Registered Nurse
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Evidence of further study in palliative/end of life care equivalent to masters level or willingness to work towards
- Mentorship Qualification or willingness to work towards
- Experience in caring for patients with palliative and end of life care needs
- Experience of complex assessment of health and social needs.
- Experience of clinical leadership
- Demonstrable experience in supporting and educating teams including teaching pre &post registration students
- Ability to communicate highly sensitive and complex information with patients, their relatives and carers; and with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and the wider multi-disciplinary team, including internal and external agencies
- Community Nursing Experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills in order to persuade, influence and negotiate in order to overcome barriers
- Excellent written communication skills, to include record keeping, report writing, data collection, and evaluations
- Ability to assess , review and evaluate patient situations
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to manage multiple caseloads, prioritising care and monitoring quality accordingly
- Ability to collect and interpret data in relation to patient activity and nursing care
- Ability to manage frequent exposure to highly sensitive and emotional issues such as end of life care plans, deterioration of conditions and bereavement, with upset and distressed children and relatives.
- Ability to undertake cancer care nursing interventions utilizing a range of clinical skills: oTreatment of symptoms through pharmacological/non-pharmacological strategies.. oUse of assessment tools that aid the diagnosis of symptoms.
- Ability to undertake a broad range of nursing skills eg: syringe drivers, basic wound care
- Knowledge of national and local agenda for community nursing and end of life care
- Knowledge of NHS legislation, underpinning palliative and cancer care, long term conditions and professional practice.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Palliative Community Nurse – Palliative Team job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally