This is a fantastic opportunity to provide lead, manage and clinically supervise a team in an exciting service which we are delivering across Bolton: The Mental Health Support Team (MHST).
Mental Health Support Teams (MHST’s) are part of a national initiative funded by NHS England, Health Education England and partners with the aim of improving the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people in response to the government’s Green Paper for Young People’s Mental Health. As part of these reforms MHST’s are services designed to support Children and Young People (CYP) with mild to moderate mental health and emotional wellbeing difficulties receive timely, evidenced based mental health support in education settings.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be responsible for delivery of high-quality Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) interventions for children and young people experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties, implementing the Whole School Approach, and providing specialist CBT supervision to the senior mental health practitioners (SMHP) within the team
Although Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) is the main theoretical model of the MHSTs, and you will be expected to support the development of junior team members in their delivery of CBT informed guided self-help, diversity of clinical experience is welcomed and encouraged.
The successful post holder will need experience of working within services that have utilised the CBT approach
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over 6,400 members of staff, who deliver services from more than 160 locations.
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world’s most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
22 February 2023
Agenda for change
£41,659 to £47,672 a year per annum
Full-time, Flexible working
Royal Bolton Hospital, Minerva Road
See attached detailed job description and person specification:
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- oFormal Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) training and accreditation
- oCore Professional qualification eg. Psychology, Nursing, Social work
- oSupervision training or demonstrable experience in supervising others
- oPost Graduate clinical supervision training/qualification (e.g. CYP IAPT)
- oExperience of specialist mental health assessment and therapeutic interventions with children and young people with mental health problems and their families.
- oExperience working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- oWorking collaboratively with other agencies in a variety of venues.
- oExperience of working with and managing risk.
- oAbility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
- oExperience of delivering MH interventions in groups or one to one
- oMust be experienced in and able to demonstrate ability to provide case management supervision for lower banded CAMHS Workers, students and other service group/team professionals as required.
- oExperience of clinical supervision
- oMust be able to demonstrate ability to develop and evaluate consultation and training to other professionals and to staff groups.
- oExperience of teaching, training and/or supervision.
- oExperience of the application of specialist mental health assessment and therapeutic interventions of in different cultural contexts.
- oExperience of working with children and young people in a range of clinical settings
- oExperience of working within a multicultural framework
- oExperience working with ASD, ADHD and/or other learning difficulties.
- oKnowledge of legislation relating to children’s mental health
- oKnowledge of MH issues relating to CYP emotional development.
- oMust demonstrate a working understanding of systemic, psychodynamic and cognitive theories along with recognition of when each approach is appropriate.
- oHigh level knowledge of the theory and practice of short term and long-term clinical interventions in CAMHS.
- oKnowledge of legislation in relation to children and adolescents and safeguarding procedures and policies.
- oKnowledge of outcome measures for CYP.
- oKnowledge of and ability to develop performance management, continuous improvement and quality assurance processes.
- oMust demonstrate knowledge of audit and evaluation methodology.
- oMust demonstrate an understanding of current government initiatives underpinning service developments.
- oMust be able to demonstrate the ability to manage aspects of service development in line with government initiatives
- oKnowledge and understanding of CYP-IAPT
- oUnderstanding of mental health stressors in education settings
- oKnowledge and understanding of Transforming CYP Mental Health Provision Green Paper
- oHigh level knowledge of the theory and practice of at least two specialised therapies/intervention
- oLevel of knowledge of research methodology, research design and complex, data analysis as practiced within the clinical fields of child and adolescent mental health
- oSkills in the use of complex methods of mental health assessment, intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration
- oSkills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
- oWell-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- oMust demonstrate ability to autonomously managed own workload.
- oMust demonstrate a commitment to the overall vision of the development of the professional group of CAMHS practitioners in schools.
- oMust demonstrate utilisation of professional development planning in own career progression.
- oMust show enthusiasm and appreciation for multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working.
- oAble to talk to people about sensitive issues in a supportive manner but also challenge others appropriately, in a professional manner.
- oAdvanced IT skills in all MS Office applications and Trust systems
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this CBT Therapist/Team Leader Bolton MHST job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally