We are recruiting for a Senior Administrator who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients,to join our Pre-operative Assessment Service to cover maternity leave.
You will work as an integral member of the Pre-operative Assessment Service, providing a quality service linked to high standards of patient care.
Our Values are I nclude, R espect and I mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!
You will be responsible for the reception of patients and their relatives, coordinating their attendance to the service.
You will provide a point of reference for the service by dealing with queriesfrom staff and patients.
Main duties of the job
You willensure and maintain the organisation and administration of the service.
You will assist the Senior Sister /Charge Nurse in co-ordinating patient flow and maintaining the high standards of the service
The POA Administrator will work to a level commensurate with experience and competence. A degree of responsibility for decision-making will, therefore, fall with the post holder. However, you may require direct supervision in areas of unfamiliar work.
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general and specialist services we provide and our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible and innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation and our staff and patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. This means that any employee is entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns and we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made and considered formally, and will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.
15 February 2023
Agenda for change
£21,730 to £23,177 a year per annum pro rata
Lister Hospital LTC
Coreys Mill Lane
Please see the attached Applicant information pack for further detailed information regarding this role
- Educated to GCSE level
- Experience of Microsoft office
- Computer / IT literate
- Willingness to undertake on the job training appropriate to the role
- Recognised secretarial qualification or equivalent
- Lorenzo trained
- Previous clerical / receptionist experience
- Adaptability to work in a busy administrative environment
- Evidence of working on own initiative
- Currently working in an administrative work setting or health care environment.
- Evidence of supporting/training staff in administration
- Evidence of good and accurate verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage and promote good working relationships at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills
- Evidence of numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work within a team and alone
- Ability to use own judgement
- Self awareness
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Positive approach to customer care
- Ability to operate IT equipment such as photocopier / printer / scanner / PC
- Awareness of strategies for maintaining a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Knowledge of working in a healthcare environment
- Understanding of Pre-operative care and pathways
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Equal Opportunities Policy
- Knowledge of current NHS issues
- Basic understanding of medical terminology
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to work well within a Multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates sensitivity.
- Able to effectively use resources.
- Good time management.
- Open and honest