*Previous applicants need not apply*
We are currently recruiting for a call handler to work within our neighbourhood team based at our Huntingdon Admin Hub, Kingfisher House, Kingfisher Way, Huntingdon, PE29 6FH covering evenings and weekends.
The successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic and motivated to work as a Call Handler with our Front of House Team.
The successful candidate will need to be calm and patient, with an excellent telephone manner and skills to deal with sometimes complex and difficult issues over the phone. If you are looking for a new challenge, enjoy variety in your work and wish to be part of a team striving to make a difference for our community by supporting people then we want to hear from you.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide a comprehensive administrative service within their team, answering all telephone calls within the defined timeframe. To use effective telephone techniques to healthcare professionals, patients, and other agencies in a quick and efficient manner.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.
14 February 2023
Agenda for change
£21,730 to £23,177 a year per annum pro rata
Huntingdon OPAC Admin Hub
Kingfisher House, Kingfisher Way
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities.
- Word processing of all forms of correspondence, reports and summaries that are required by the team.
- Answer all telephone calls within the defined timeframe.
- To use effective telephone techniques to healthcare professionals, patients, and other agencies in a quick and efficient manner.
- Record information in the chosen software timely and accurately.
- Manage all calls in a controlled and professional manner.
- Deal with difficult callers in a calm and professional manner.
- Any data that is taken/shared as part of a phone call or transferred electronically must be undertaken with regard to the Trust Information Governance and Information Security policies
- Provide operational support to colleagues, and supervision of Band 2 administration staff within the team, if required, as directed by Line Manager.
- Deal with staff and service user requests that may be part of a cash office function as and when required, and in accordance with Trust procedures.
- Inputting and updating service user information and service user/team activity on computerised information systems, creating service user notes where necessary and according to policy.
- Maintain filing in both paper and electronic records, ensuring that it is always kept up to date. In accordance with Trust procedures, track and receive notes in a timely manner.
- Ensure good customer service by providing a professional and effective telephone service, taking accurate messages, and providing information and signposting as requested and appropriate.
- Undertake training of new staff as directed by Line Manager and/or other managers.
- Educated to GCE/GCSE standard
- RSA stage II/NVQ Level 2 in Administration or equivalent
- Good command of written English
- Experience of working in a busy and demanding office/customer facing environment
- Experience of planning and organising own workload and of staff within own span of control
- Experience of supporting a multi-disciplinary team
- Previous experience of working in an NHS office environment
- Previous experience of working in a call handling environment
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer care skills
- Excellent standard of typing/audio skills using word processor (50wpm)
- Good IT skills (MS Office)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to deal with typing letters which may contain distressing information
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act
Knowledge & Understanding
- Understanding of confidentiality and the importance of maintaining confidentiality for patients
- Ability to travel to other Trust sites
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .