- Candidate required: Project Manager-Shopfitting
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start date: Immediate
- Industry: Construction professionals South
- Location: Ringwood
- Salary & package dependant on experience: £55,000 -£65,000 + Package
The role & about the client:
ITS Southampton are working with a renowned specialist shopfitting / interior fit-out company who specialise in completing full-fit-outs predominantly for high-end / luxury retail brands throughout the UK. The Project Manager is an integral member of the project team responsible for delivering interior fit-out projects in Travel Retail, High Street Retail, Leisure, and Commercial sectors of varying size and complexity. The Project Manager is responsible for directing, organising and controlling project activities to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, that the project’s objectives are met and sub-contract trades are managed.
- Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements.
- Prepare project organization and project programmes.
- Design input.
- Attend regular site meetings to facilitate progress on site and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Producing Health & Safety plans, checking methods statements and risk assessments & applying for any necessary work permits.
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines & subcontract trades.
- Ensures site managers are adhering to the programme and are equipped to function efficiently on site.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team.
- Ensure a high level of service is delivered to the customer at all phases of the contract by addressing all their requirements whilst not compromising profit levels.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional relationships at all times with the client(s).
- Oversee the management of sub-contractors performance and put measures in place to address performance which is below expectations.
- Track & manage all extras, variations and omissions to the agreed contract value.
- Checking and approving subcontractor invoices.
- Dealing directly with site supervisor to ensure that all materials & plant are onsite as and when required and in coordination with programme.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
- Perform any other duties as required from time to time in order to contribute to the achievement of the business aims and objectives
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3+ years’ experience in the Shopfitting and Interior fit-out industry
- Valid UK Driving licence
- Practical / Site work experience
- Experience of AutoCAD
- Construction qualification – HNC, degree qualified (DESIRABLE)
- Sound knowledge and use of Microsoft Office particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with construction methods and the building codes.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a Project Manager with experience of delivering high end retail projects and experience of using AutoCAD
Where a range of rate of pay is quoted the level of experience, qualifications & related training required is the minimum required in order to qualify for the lowest rate of pay quoted.
How to apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV in strict confidence or contact me on 02380 2380600/07425 303714
The ITS Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome all applicants and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.