As a Pharmacist, you will be responsible for the provision of exceptional professional pharmacy services. The focus of your role will be to act as Responsible Pharmacist, provide support to the Senior Pharmacist, the rest of the pharmacy team and support the development of the business. You will help in ensuring a high quality patient and customer experience is maintained.
The post holder will be part of a high performing team that is expected to demonstrate behaviours that promote the outpatient pharmacies and Royal Free London values. This means that in undertaking this role the post holder is expected at all times to behave in a way that demonstrates commitment to the delivery of respectful and compassionate care across all sites.
Main duties of the job
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
*Responsible for Patient
*Responsibility for policy and service development
*Responsibility for financial and physical resources
*Responsibility for leading and managing
*Responsibility for information resources
*Responsibility for research and development
*Additional duties/responsibilities as assigned
Conflict of Interest The Trust is responsible for ensuring that the services for patients in its care meet the highest standards. Equally, it is responsible for ensuring that staff do not abuse their official position, to gain or benefit themselves, their family or friends.
Equality and Diversity The Trust values equality and diversity in employment and in the services we provide. It is committed to promoting equality and diversity in employment and will keep under review our policies and procedures to ensure that the job related needs of all staff working in the Trust are recognised. The Trust aims to ensure that all job applicants, employees or clients are treated fairly and valued equally regardless of sex, marital status, domestic circumstances, age, race, colour, disablement, ethnic or national origin, social background or employment status, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, HIV status, gender reassignment, political affiliation or trade union membership. Selection for training and development and promotion will be on the basis of the individual’s ability to meet the requirements for the job.
You are responsible for ensuring that the Trust’s policies, procedures andobligation in respect of promoting equality and diversity are adhered to inrelation to both staff and services. No Smoking The Trust implemented a No Smoking Policy, which applies to all staff. Staffcontravening this policy will be subject to disciplinary procedures.
14 February 2023
Agenda for change
£18.60 an hour Hourly
Royal Free Hampsted
Job Descriptions for both the Band 6 and Band 7 positions are attached and long with the Personal Specifications for you to review.
If you are successful at being shortlisted you will be invited to interview and assessed for the relevant grade offered.
As part of our continued response to COVID19, we are closely following Department of Health and Social Care’s (DHSC) guidance and the governments proposals for new mandatory COVID-19 vaccination legislation. This means that full COVID19 vaccination will be a condition of employment in all NHS roles which have face-to-face contact with patients and service users from 1 April 2022 unless exempt. This also means that by 3 February 2022 all such staff will need to have had their first COVID19 vaccination. We expect the need to be vaccinatedto apply tothe vast majority ofroles, although this may not be a requirement in some limited, exceptional circumstances. Should your role be identified as being within the scope of the legislation, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status (or a legitimate exemption from these requirements) as a condition of your employment.
Royal Free World Class Values
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
Education & Qualifications
- Masters degree or equivalent in pharmacy
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council must be in place before starting the position
- Mandatory CPD to maintain fitness to practice
- Experience of patient counselling
- Completed audit and used to improve practice
- experience of working in a hospital enviroment in either pre registration year or post registration
- Post registration hospital experience would be an advantage
- Ward pharmacy experience
- Understanding and experience of medicines reconciliation
- General knowledge of hospital pharmacy practice and services. This should include: Technical/aseptic services, Medicines Information, Patient services, Clinical pharmacy
- Understands role of hospital pharmacist
- Able to demonstrate the safe provision and clinically effective use of drugs
- Awareness of current issues facing hospital pharmacy and the NHS.
Skills and aptitudes
- Good written communication skills
- Computer literate including ability to use email, internet and competent use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Able to work quickly, accurately and consistently whilst maintaining accuracy
- Able to work as part of a team (both inter – and intra – disciplinary)
- Able to use initiative and work independently
- Confident approach but aware of own limitations and will consult when required
- Able to work in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).