Job Title: Lead Nurse (Professional/Operational Management)
Band: Band 8A
Reports to: Divisional For Director of Nursing
Responsible to: Assistant Director of Clinical Services ADCS
Base/Department: Peri-Operative Care
Main purpose of the job:
As a lead nurse for perioperative care , you will use your knowledge and expertise to support the development of services within perioperative care activity participating in improving quality and patient experience whilst reducing risks to patients.
The successful candidate can look forward to opportunities to develop professional leadership skills and being part of a professional compassionate team that treat colleagues and patients with dignity and respect. You will be supportive in the role by the leadership team of the assistant clinical directorate of nursing, clinical directorate and divisional directorate of nursing .
Main duties of the job
- Develop and maintain communication with people on complex matters, issues and ideas and/or in complex situations
- Develop oneself and contribute to the development of others
- Maintain and develop an environment and culture that improves health, safety and security.
- Appraise interpret and apply suggestions recommendations and directives to improve services.
- Contribute to improving quality
- Promote equality and value diversity.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate interventions and or treatments when there are complex issues and/or serious illness
- Test and review new concepts, models, methods practices products and equipment,
- Coordinate, monitor and review the use of financial resources
- Plan, develop, monitor and review the recruitment, deployment and management of people
- Facilitate the development of capacity and capability.
Salford Care Organisation is part of the Northern Care Alliance, one of the largest NHS organisations in the country. A place with an outstanding reputation. Salford is the place which is taking bold, pioneering steps towards delivering a world class, fully integrated care system for adults. Twice rated Outstanding by the CQC, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust is responsible for delivering a range of community and primary care services and specialist services to Greater Manchester and beyond.
07 February 2023
Agenda for change
£48,526 to £54,619 a year pro rata
Salford Royal NHS Trust
- Responsibility for Patient Care
- Responsibilities for Human Resources .
- Excellent Communication and leadership skills
- Planning and organising Management of services users
- Provide Analysis and data management
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about working at the Northern Care Alliance within the attached Candidate Information Pack or by visiting our careers website: www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.uk
oMasters Degree or portfolio evidence
- Extensive post registration experience of which 3 years experience are at a senior level in nursing / midwifery
- Evidence of persuasive and strong influencing skills and the ability to manage conflict
- Evidence of effective people management and leadership skills
- Post basic qualification in management / leadership/Evidence of extensive expert professional knowledge supplemented by post reg. specialist managerial / leadership training and CPD
- Has the ability to manage conflicting views and reconciles inter and intra-professional differences of opinion
- Ability to work across multi professional organizations
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).