: Data Centre Engineer (Mechanical and Electrical)
Contract Type: Permanent (4 on, 4 off – day & night shifts – 6 through 6)
Salary Package: £45, + large company benefits and access to fantastic personal development opportunities
* An inclusive workplace
* Excellent package: solid basic and company benefits
* Hybrid working in line with role requirements
* Career development and life-long learning opportunities
* Opportunity to join Europe’s largest privately-owned IT Company
Due to continued growth within our Professional Services business, we are hiring an Data Centre Engineer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with the critical infrastructure supporting a T3+ Data Centre. You will have practical systems experience that include operation of electrical panels, switching schedules, HVAC, CRAC Units, chilled water plant (chillers) operation, UPS, generators and control systems.
It would be an advantage if you have any previous experience monitoring critical infrastructure through software tools such as Schneider DCE, TREND or Vison and Airedale ACIS along with performing Daily Checks on critical infrastructure recording and reporting all potential faults and escalating when required.
* You will Support best practice and best in class M+E methodology ensuring rigorous and effective maintenance regimens are performed and maintained
* Provide data reporting to Facilities Management
* Provide proactive risk assessments and report any potential threats to service delivery
* Support continuous improvement in organisation, productivity and quality within Facilities team
* Work with Security to maintain and administer access control requests
* Build strong relationships with other internal teams across our organisation to promote and deliver quality DC services
* Liaise with Incident, Problem and Change Teams and the wider DC Facilities teams to ensure Data Centre infrastructure changes are successful
* Build relationships with our suppliers to gain knowledge of plant and equipment and keep up to date on M+E technology improvements
* Demonstrable knowledge of CRAC Units, Chilled Water Systems, pumps and chillers
* Hands on operational experience of Schneider UPS systems (Symmetra)
* Experience in operation of HV generator sets
* Understanding of Power Management, BMS systems or similar applications
* Experienced in Fault Diagnosis and IST delivery
* Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
* Skilled in crisis management, command and control
* T3 Data Centre Service Delivery experience
* Electrical Engineer 18th Edition qualified
* Technical report writing skills
* A motivated team player, confident in a customer facing role to deliver excellent levels of service
* Flexibility in working hours
* Full UK Driving License
About The Company
We are Europe’s largest privately-owned IT business, based out of the new £7m HQ office in Birmingham and we help clients succeed through IT transformation and exceptional customer experiences. We are a business where innovation is greater as we combine unique ideas, people and disciplines. We are a global company that is passionate about IT and where we look to simplify the complex.
We are an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to providing equal opportunities and a proactive and inclusive approach to equality and diversity in employment. No applicant or employee will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of a protected characteristic which are defined as sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender reassignment, trade union membership or non-membership, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race and religion or belief.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact