Senior Lecturer in Marketing (Teaching and Scholarship)
School of Business
Grade 9 (£54,949-£61,823)
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to join us as a Senior Lecturer in Marketing to enhance the excellence in teaching, research and public engagement activities within the School of Business. You will be joining an experienced and ambitious academic staff who work together to provide excellent professional education and transform lives through their teaching, research and public engagement activities.
You will be expected to take on leadership roles within the discipline and School and to take an active role in the teaching, design and leadership of our UG and Masters programmes, which includes MSc International Marketing and BSc Business Management, and any new programmes we develop in the field. Our staff have a track record of engagement with stakeholders in the public sector, with applied research that we have undertaken having been used by both the Scottish and UK governments in the formulation of policy.
You will be
* Qualified to PhD level in a relevant subject
* Demonstrate clear evidence of excellence in University learning and teaching
* Have a track record of developing and applying innovative teaching techniques and materials
* Regularly publish outputs considered as intellectual contributions according to AACSB guidelines
* Experience of supervision of undergraduate and/or taught postgraduate student projects
* Have expertise in Branding, International Marketing or Digital Marketing. Expertise in Research Methods would also be welcome.
A full Job Description and Person Specification is attached. In addition to the online form, applicants must include with their application:
* Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role
* CV * Publication plan (1-2 pages) for outputs considered as intellectual contributions according to AACSB guidelines
* Teaching plan (1-2 pages) outlining previous experience and teaching approach, as well as potential contributions to current teaching at Dundee.
For further information or informal discussion please contact Dr Andrew Ross, Deputy Head of Discipline, Management and Marketing, email We are one of the UK’s leading universities, internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Our purpose is to transform lives, locally and globally, which we do as a community of staff (Professional Services and academic Schools), students and alumni.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Equality Charter and Stonewall as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work