- Job Type/Function:
- Contract Type:
- Total number of weekly/annual hours:
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Transport First Line Manager
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Shift pattern: Working 4040 rotating night shift, start time 17.00
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you’re looking for change, and you’re ready to make changes … we’re looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we’ll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
- Managing a small team by assigning their day to day duties, conducting 1:1’s, performance reviews and back to works
- Ensuring that all routes are dispatched from the site on time
- Assisting drivers with any route changes, compliance issues, delivery queries throughout the night
- Ensure drivers are legal and compliant on a daily and weekly basis
- Carrying out staff reviews, appraisals and investigations
You won’t find another job like the one you’ll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here’s what we need from you:
- Experience in a similar role with a Transport background is essential
- CPC would be advantageous
- Proven supervisory experience within supply chain
- Excellent communication – both written and verbal
- Strong IT skills – ideally using Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Excel
What will you get in return?
As a DHL employee you’ll have access to a wide variety of benefits aimed at enhancing your wellbeing both at home and at work, from a free and confidential 24/7 GP Service and Employee Assistance Programme to affordable loans, cycle to work scheme and financial education. You and your family can access our benefits portal on the go, with hundreds of retail and lifestyle discounts including affordable refurbished and recycled technology and services such as free mortgage and Will advice. We also offer yearly free flu jabs and give you access to our Private Medical Insurance through AXA Health. All this and more are hosted on our Benefits platform which you will have access as a DHL Employee.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.