Jennifer, recently joined HDFT and says, My team have really made me feel comfortable in my new role and are working hard to provide me with as much experience as possible. I really appreciate their training and support.
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust is the largest provider of childrens public health nursing services in the North East of England. We are currently recruiting Health Visitors to the Growing Healthy Wakefield 0 -19 Service .
Main duties of the job
We are proud to offer our Health Visitors:
- A full induction and training package
- Preceptorship Programme
- A supportive learning environment with access to our community based Clinical Skills Educators
- Support and guidance with revalidation
- The technology required to support with agile working
We are looking for new colleagues who possess strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to delegate and supervise staff, as well as the ability to recognise and escalate risk and contribute to control measures.
You must possess a full UK driving licence and have access to your own transport.
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide outstanding care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
- An inclusive and supportive culture our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition – as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference and Team of the Month Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing – we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits – We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
We are dedicated to working towards improved public health outcomes for children and families in the footprint, delivering high quality universal and targeted health visiting and school health services to meet the key improvement priorities for the population.
The Health Visitors role is to prevent ill health and promote positive holistic health care for an identified population and community and to take responsibility for ensuring the physical and mental health needs of families, acting as an advocate for the client and community.
Health Visitors plan, organise and deliver programmes of care in conjunction with the family and the multi-disciplinary team and undertake continuous on-going assessment of children, young people and families. They provide an evidenced based service to children, people, families and communities in accordance with National and Local Policy initiatives.
Please see the attached Job Description for more details
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).