Clinical Engineering is a busy department responsible for the servicing, repair and management of Medical Equipment throughout Derbyshire and Staffordshire. You will be based at Royal Derby Hospital but will be working at Acute, Community, Mental Health and Co-responsibility sites.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Specialist Technician to join our team. The working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday, with inclusion on the department’s On-Call rota following appropriate assessment.
You will be educated to Degree/HNC/BTEC in Medical Electronics/Engineering or an equivalent discipline, with knowledge and UK practical experience of servicing complex medical devices in an acute hospital post qualification.
You will have an evidenced record of training by Medical Equipment manufacturers covering a wide range of Medical Devices.
The work requires being able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
Work collaboratively on a daily basis with the Clinical Engineering Team while building relations with clinical and non-clinical staff to ensureservice needs are met.
Take part in a scheduled 1:5 On Call Rota.
Main duties of the job
As a member of the Clinical Engineering Team you will provide safe, effective and economic management of Medical Equipment for the Trust, and other organisations for which we have a maintenance responsibility.
You will carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, fault finding to component level, repair, calibration and safety testing on a wide range of complex Medical Equipment.
Closing date of applications: 26 February 2023
Interview date: 10 March 2023
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- A variety of flexible working options
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
- Our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients daily
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients daily.
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
10 February 2023
Agenda for change
£33,706 to £40,588 a year pa
Royal Derby Hospital
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Skills and Experience
- Skills and experience.
- NHS Clinical Engineering experience.