Location – James Road, Tyseley, Birmingham, B11 2BA
Salary – £47,500 per annum plus bonus, car allowance or company car and Veolia benefits
Hours – 40 hrs per week Monday to Friday
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources and help it become a better place for everyone. It’s why we’re looking for someone who sees the world in a similar way, to take up an exciting Maintenance Engineer role in our dynamic team.
This position is suited to an individual with a strong engineering background that is looking to develop their leadership and management skills within our 350,000 tonnes capacity Energy Recovery Facility.
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to overhaul the industry, or just do a good day’s work. We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
What will you be doing?
- Schedule Work Orders in CMMS System for Maintenance Team (PM’s, Stat, Reliability, Routine)
- Outage planning
- Work closely with the operations team, and lead the maintenance team and contractors on site in the day to day activities to ensure that the plant is maintained to the highest standard
- Support the Maintenance Manager with technical information to aid budget planning CAPEX specification
- Manage INFOR CMMS and perform scheduled PPM and emergency repairs on equipment, advise technical admin/stores person on equipment specifications for orders
- Plan work scope for contractors to ensure maximum efficiency and monitor tasks are carried out in accordance with the risk assessments and methods statement
- Support and advise the technical administrator to ensure equipment is serviced and maintained in accordance with the statutory regulations such as LOLER, PUWER and manufacturer recommendations
- Improve reliability and reduce cost of maintenance through robust management of change
- Complete and oversee health and safety monitoring to include VMR inspections, plant inspections and report all accidents, incidents and close calls. Attend regular health and safety meetings and feedback to the team
- Support the maintenance manager in planning outages, provide a priority list for maintenance, procurement of parts and equipment necessary
- Assistant project manager during outages. Support maintenance team/contractors with scheduling and planning
- Deputise for the maintenance manager in their absence
What are we looking for?
- Recognised apprenticeship in EC&I / Mechanical engineering or the below:
- Technical qualifications – City & Guilds / NVQ (or equivalent)
- Relevant ONC in EC&I / mechanical engineering
- Relevant C&G in EC&I / mechanical engineering
- NEBOSH/IOSH Managing Safely
Our promise to you
Here at Veolia, we know that a genuinely good role goes both ways.
So alongside your salary or hourly pay, you’ll get 25 days of holiday alongside an extensive benefits package, which includes our market-leading pension and share scheme, alongside a range of employee discounts. Also to help you further, we provide mental health and financial support, so you can lean on us whenever you need to.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we’re proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.