Job Title: AccessAbility Adviser
Department/School: Campus Life
Salary: Grade 7 £36,451 – £43,439
Closing Date: 28th February 2023 at 23:59pm
Reference Number: 017762
(Fixed Term until 31st March 2024/Full-Time)
– ABOUT US –
We are a university with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement, making a major contribution to the economic, social and cultural development of Northern Ireland.
Our core business activities are teaching and learning, widening access to education, research and innovation and technology and knowledge transfer.
– THE ROLE –
The post holder will drive the provision of support for all students with disabilities at Ulster University to facilitate access to a high-quality educational experience for disabled students. The post holder will be required to support a caseload of students with a range of disabilities including a long-standing illness or health condition, specific learning difficulty, and mental health difficulties in accordance with levels of need in the service. The post-holder will play a key role in contributing to a professional, specialist advice and guidance and support service, working strategically and operationally with colleagues to ensure inclusivity and ongoing pastoral care for disabled students and compliance with relevant SENDO legislation.
– BENEFITS –
– Competitive salary.
– Generous annual leave entitlement promoting a healthy work/life balance – plus, an additional 15 days per year when the university is closed.
– An environment that supports flexible working and allows you to balance both work and home life.
– An open and inclusive environment that celebrates and welcomes diversity.
– Onsite and discounted sports/gym facilities (3 months free gym membership at either the Jordanstown, Coleraine, or Magee Campus).
– Cycle to Work Scheme.
– Discounted eye tests with subsequent competitive prescription lenses and frames.
– Exposure to the very latest in cutting edge technologies including Dell, Aruba, Checkpoint, and Avaya, feeding your passion for IT.
– Autonomy in your role to make impactful decisions and changes to company processes.
Ulster University holds a Bronze Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advancing gender equality in higher education, read more on our website. The University has a range of initiatives to support a family friendly working environment, including flexible working.