An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as part of the Central Outpatient Team in Trust Services to assist the divisions with the validation of patient pathways and provide training to all levels of staff around the Trust.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and hardworking individual who is experienced with patient pathway management to work within our validation team and provide training to Trust colleagues on patient pathway management via set training criteria, either on a classroom basis or one to one as required.
The post-holder with report to the Deputy Outpatient Services Manager and will be allocated performance recording tasks to support validation across all divisions and all specialities. The successful candidate will have relevant experience in pathway recording as well as have the ability to review different sources of information via a number of different software packages.
The work that is required will result in supporting the Trust to achieve their Outpatient Performance trajectories but also support staff with training, support queries, Inter Provider Transfer queries and all other elements that are covered in the attached job description.
This is a challenging role and an excellent development opportunity for the right candidate to make a difference to the Trust performance to reach national targets set by NHS England.
To be short-listed for this role, you will be expected to show the skills demonstrated on the person specification, evidenced by succinct examples and clear written communication.
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as ‘Good’ overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds; city living within a stone’s throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we’re meeting our pledge.
08 February 2023
Agenda for change
£23,949 to £26,282 a year pa pro rata
Full-time, Flexible working, Home or remote working, Compressed hours
Upper Maudlin St
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.
- Educated to GCSE, grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Business and Administration Level 4 NVQ or equivalent experience
Skills and abilities
- Effective and polite manner when dealing with people, both face to face and on the phone
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a busy team, adjust to change and motivate others(
- Ability to work independently whilst managing others in a team environment
- Resilience and ability to deal with difficult situations
- Confidence to handle difficult conversations with patients, relatives and carers
- Good IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Effective organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of outpatient policies and procedures
Knowledge and experience
- Line Management Experience
- Clerical/administrative experience, including filing and/or reception
- Experience of using a Patient Administration System
- Experience of dealing with the public, both on the telephone and in person
- Experience of providing training courses to colleagues / others both on a 1:1 basis and in classroom
- Extracting performance reports or RTT related information including experience of outpatient and elective waiting list management
- Previous NHS experience
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .