Have you always wanted to work with young people in residential services but never had the chance?
We are looking for committed and passionate individuals who will be able to engage with the young people and encourage and mentor them, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play football, go shopping, and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
We are recruiting for a number of Children’s Residential Support Workers to work in a therapeutic children’s residential service based in a beautiful, rural setting in Rocester, Uttoxeter – Staffordshire. Easily commutable from Derby, Stoke-on-Trent and North Birmingham, the home is a cosy and homely environment that caters for young people with emotional behavioural difficulties aged 8 – 17 years old.
***Please note due to the fact that you would be expected to transport the children from time to time, you must be a driver and have held a full licence for over 3 years***
Job Title: Children’s Residential Support Worker
Location: Rocester, Uttoxeter – Staffordshire (ST14 postcode)
Salary: £25,075 (inclusive of sleeps + plenty of overtime available!)
Hours: Full time (39 hours per week + 2 sleeps per week)
Shift Times: 8am – 11pm sleep 7am – 8.30am
Shift Pattern: As this is a new home the manager is open to 2 on 4 off shift pattern as well as alternatives to suit the staff
If you are passionate about the lives of young people and want to make a real difference, supporting young people between the ages of 8 – 18 who have experienced trauma, this is the job for you!
- Plenty of overtime available paid at time and 1/4
- Free food and parking
- Getting paid to go to theme parks
- Genuine opportunity for progression
- Opportunity to complete children’s residential qualifications – fully funded!!
- Reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee recognition scheme.
Responsibilities of a Children’s Residential Support Worker:
- Supporting young people with challenging behaviour in their day to day lives.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work well under pressure.
- Able to be proactive, enthusiastic and empathetic.
- Experience in working with children and young people is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in another area of health and social care is desirable but not essential.
- Able to take responsibility for the care and well-being of young people.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is essential due to the location of the homes and the duties involved and must have been held for 3 years or more.
- Must either hold or be willing to work towards the QCF Level 4 Children & Young People qualification in Children’s Residential Services.
- Must be aged 21 or over, due to the oldest child at the setting and due to the policies of the organisation.
If think you have what it takes to be a Children’s Residential Support Worker position, please click “Apply”