Job Title: Sustainment Integrator
Location: Andover, UK
Compensation: £50,000 – £55,000 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 46834
It starts with you
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Sustainment Integrator at Andover
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The Sustainment Integrator role is based within our Defence Equipment business area.
Defence equipment stores, maintains, repairs and overhauls military vehicles and equipment so the UK army is able to train and deploy in a moment. As well as supporting vehicles that are already in service, the team carries out vehicle assembly integration and tests new vehicles.
The difference our new Sustainment Integrator will make
As a Sustainment Integrator you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You will establish a strategic partnership with the LDE P&SC function to facilitate data improvement, provide valuable insights through specialist skills, enable evidence-based decision making and integrate with customer system, data & analytics initiatives.
Day to day, you’ll provide expert and proactive analytical direction and coherence to the P&SC function. You will act as the main interface between P&SC and the Information and Insights department, ensuring a regular flow of high-quality information that supports, service delivery, performance monitoring, risk analysis, transformation plans and decision making.
You will need to passionately lead and engage all members of the team, role modelling the Babcock purpose and principles, and supporting individual and team development aligned with the department strategy.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met.
* You will be able to demonstrable ability to understand business requirements and communicate business rules and data definitions.
* Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels in the business and in a variety of media.
* You will need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, through prioritising work and managing deadlines.
* Effective organisation and time management skills – able to work independently and manage own workload.
* Evidence of successfully working across teams and engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
You will need to be technically competent and an excellent good communicator, both verbally and written
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving ‘Security Check’ (SC) clearance.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 4.5% of salary, with life assurance
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.