An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Team Leader. Are you an experienced Care Navigator with leadership skills? Do you have compassion and dedication to become a Team Leader.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated , enthusiastic Team Leader or an aspiring Team Leader to join our Care Navigation Team. A pro-active individual, to assist and support the Deputy Operations Manager in management of a large team of dedicated Care Navigators.
The post holder will work along side a small group of Team Leaders in providing deliverance and support to the Care Navigators.
We believe in employing the best to provide an excellent service to our patients.
Main duties of the job
Direct Team Leader management of the Care Navigation Team. To ensure the provision of a professional and efficient service maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of care navigation.
Day to day responsibility for processes and procedures within the team.
To develop administration systems and functions and to ensure training is implemented within the care navigator role.
The post holder will have clearly defined objectives to prioritise, deliver, and adaptability to change priorities if needed
Within the Roxton Practice we have a large team of Care Navigators, working from both our main site at Immingham based in our call centre and branch site within Weelsby View. We have 2 experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated Team Leaders.
We believe in equal opportunities, where everyone is welcome and we are all encouraged to be the better version of ourselves.
Working with us you’ll be part of a strong team, to challenge yourself and believe in making a difference.
We respect differing needs and ensure this is a key element when designing and delivering services.
We are honest and ethical in everything we do, we put the patient first at all times and take responsibility and accountability for decisions and actions.
Our workforce will deliver compassionate care at all times.
We perform to the highest standard, continually seeking opportunites to improve through innovation.
JOB TITLE: Care Navigator Team Leader
REPORTS TO: Deputy Operations Manager
Receive, assist, and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all practice procedures
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Manage and oversee the Care Navigator task-group
- Manage and oversee AskMyGp task group sent from or to GPs, nurses and administration team.
- Manage and oversee all AskMyGp requests.
- Liaising with GPs regarding Trainees rotas.
- Managing clinics for changes, blocked slots, debrief management.
- Retrieve call recordings for trainee GPs
Care Navigation Team Leader
Liaise with Deputy Operations Manager for all training needs and implement schedules.
To be first point of contact within the Care Navigation team for any help or enquires to support Team Leaders.
To implement policies and SOPs on a regular basis as and when needed with the team.
Support Team Leaders in NHS jobs scheduling and interviewing with DOM.
To implement training schedules and weekly 1-1s for all new starters.
To implement quarterly 1-1s with Care Navigators inclusive of audit management and follow up any points raised.
To manage all sick leave needs and RTW are followed correctly, recognising improvement plans when needed.
To implement training needs with regular performance training when needed.
Monitoring of training needs within care navigation team across both sites.
Implement regular updates on audits for call monitoring and schedule training.
Reporting an Operational Summary to DOM to relay to GPs monthly.
To manage and present Care Navigator meetings, also support for minute taking.
To manage Team Leader Meeting minutes.
To manage all Annual Leave for Care Navigators via the Odoo system.
Support Team Leaders with Teams Overtime recording.
Support Team Leaders with sickness cover when needed and during out of office hours.
To oversee SAR Team
To manage OOH tasks on a daily basis
Support Team Leaders with Care Navigation Rota management.
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this job description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their careers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, careers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Health & safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others health, safety and security as defined in the practice health & safety policy, the practice health & safety manual, and the practice infection control policy and published procedures. This will include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Actively reporting of health and safety hazards and infection hazards immediately when recognised
- Keeping own work areas and general/patient areas generally clean, assisting in the maintenance of general standards of cleanliness consistent with the scope of the job holders role
- Undertaking periodic infection control training (minimum annually)
- Reporting potential risks identified
Equality and diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, careersand colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognises the importance of peoples rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner that is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, with such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the teams performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognise peoples needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
Contribution to the implementation of services:
The post-holder will:
- Apply practice policies, standards and guidance
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work
- Participate in audit where appropriate