770100509 – Business Support Officer
Are you looking for the opportunity to develop a career in the Public Sector? We have several fantastic temporary positions available working with our client Buckinghamshire Council!
Job Title – Business Support Officer
Temporary – End of June 2023
Location – High Wycombe based
Work Schedule – Mix of office working and remote
Hours: Part time, 18.5 hours per week (Tuesday to Thursday)
Pay Rate – £12.99 per hour
On behalf of Buckinghamshire Council, Pertemps Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Business Support Officer to join the Children’s Services team in High Wycombe. Working alongside the Help and Protection team, you will play an important role in providing administrative support to the team including minuting meetings
About the role
As a Business Support Officer, you will have a number of responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining diaries including using electronic systems
- Dealing with and tracking incoming correspondence, emails, fax and telephone calls and respond to queries from internal and external customers
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and distributing papers, as required
- Maintaining and developing efficient office systems
- Gathering, collating and chasing up information
- Completing and processing paperwork and information using manual and computerised systems
- Assisting in general office services such as post distribution, maintenance of stationery supplies, circulation of information etc.
This is a temporary position until the end of June 2023, though there is potential for this to be extended further. The pay rate is £12.99 per hour, and you will be working part time, 18.5 hours per week. Buckinghamshire Council are working on a hybrid basis where you will work remotely for 1-2 days per week and in the office 1-2 days per week.
The High Wycombe office is conveniently situated in the town centre (HP20 area) with great transport links including a local train station and excellent road connections to the M25, M1, M4 and M40.
The successful candidate(s) should have:
- Previous experience working in a administrator role or similar
- Minute taking experience
- Bringing excellent ICT skills, you will have experience of standard packages, including MS Office, Excel, and may include use of bespoke databases etc.
- Due to the frequent liaison activities, excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
About us and our Client
As a flexible employee of Pertemps Recruitment Partnership Ltd, you will be joining a Company that holds the distinction of being one of the largest and most successful independent recruitment agencies in the country. Our pioneering spirit and ability to tap into the uniqueness of each individual’s talents has enabled us to open doors for our employees, our clients and our applicants too. Our philosophies and rewards are built very much on mutual trust and respect within the style of a partnership in which we hope you will feel both fulfilled and valued as a person.
Buckinghamshire Council are a leading Authority with offices in Aylesbury, Amersham and High Wycombe, whose values represent exactly what they are – Proud, Ambitious, Collaborative and Trustworthy. By joining Buckinghamshire Council, you can expect:
- A fair and inclusive culture
- The chance to really make a difference to your local community and those around you
- Health and well-being initiatives including Mental Health First Aiders and mindfulness workshops
- Ongoing support, and the opportunity to develop and progress in your career
- Opportunities to take part in fun activities such as fundraising and social events
We are looking for someone able to start as soon as possible. Interviews will be held either via Microsoft Teams or in person at the Aylesbury office.
Apply online now so we can review your application!
If you require further information on this role, use the below contact details. Please quote the following reference when getting in touch: 770100509
Phone: 01296 489621
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible.