Job Title: Coach Builder
Location: Walsall, UK – Onsite
Compensation: £21,803.71 to £27,510.82 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF46410
The difference is you
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Coach Builder at our Walsall site
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The Coach Builder role is based within our Vehicle Engineering business area.
Vehicle Engineering is a market-leading manufacturer and converter of armoured vehicles and products. Drawing on over 100 years’ experience, we supply and support deployed vehicles worldwide to customers including the police, fire and ambulance services, civil service, and military. Together, we deliver an end-to-end through-life methodology to supply our clients with specialist vehicle conversions.
The difference our new Coach Builder will make
As a Coach Builder, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. Join us as at Vehicle Engineering and you’ll be part of a highly skilled team supporting customers including the police, fire, and ambulance service. By Servicing, Maintaining and Repairing (SMR) customer vehicles safely and efficiently, you’ll help deliver on our Babcock Purpose to create a safe and secure world, together.
Day to day, you’ll be carrying out coach building and conversion of new and used vehicles. Complexity will vary from basic lining to full bespoke vehicle conversion. This includes, but are not limited to, the stripping and fitting of all types of commercial vehicles from small vans to HGV.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role is based onsite at Walsall.
* Experience of working in a high-pressure time sensitive commercially driven environment is desirable
* Knowledge of Quality & Environmental Standards and processes is desirable
* Certified generator installer is desirable
* Hybrid and electric vehicle awareness training level 1 is desirable
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
* Open to flexible working and alternative work patterns
* Opportunities for enhanced overtime
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 4.5% with life assurance
* Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay (up to 8 weeks’ full pay and 8 weeks’ half pay)
* Training and development opportunities
* Wellbeing centre supporting physical, mental and financial well-being
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.