We are looking to recruit a full-time Specialist Physiotherapist to our team. The successful applicants will be enthusiastic and self-motivated with an aspiration to innovate and improve all aspects of care delivery within the Musculoskeletal outpatient physiotherapy service based across two sites at St Heliers Hospitals and Jubilee Health Centre.
You will be keen to participate fully in an innovative model of care and will be passionate about delivering high-quality care to your patients.
You will have excellent communication skills and be happy to work in a multidisciplinary team. Committing to further education is required, and personal development will be encouraged. Clinical supervision is well supported within this service.
Evidence of self-motivation will be sought at the interview. Recent experience of working in a Community-based MSK/OPP service would be an advantage but not essential.
Main duties of the job
Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist Band 6
To be an active member of a team delivering high-quality Musculoskeletal (MSK) Physiotherapy.
To assist with operational management and strategic development
To further develop personal specialist practice.
Interview Date: TBC
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust provides a range of medical services to approximately 490,000 people living across southwest London and northeast Surrey. In addition, we provide more specialist services, in particular renal and neonatal intensive care, to a wider area, covering parts of Sussex and Hampshire.
We serve an area that is rich in diversity, with a mix of urban and rural areas, and differing levels of quality of life. We cover some of the most prosperous postcodes in the country, as well as some poorer areas. Together with our colleagues at NHS Surrey and NHS Sutton and Merton, we work to make sure that we deliver the best possible care to the communities we serve.
The Trust employs approximately 5,000 staff across its hospitals and is supported by over 500 volunteers.
17 February 2023
Agenda for change
£38,762 to £45,765 a year Pro-rata pa inc HCAS (Outer)
St Helier Hospital/Jubilee Health Centre
Please see the attached supporting job description and person specification document which contains more information about the role and requirements. Please ensure your application refers to the job description and person specification.
Qualifications and Training
- Degree or equivalent in Physiotherapy
- HPC registration
- Evidence of CPD in the form of a detailed personal portfolio demonstrating postgraduate education/courses in MSK Physiotherapy
- Membership of the CSP
- Working toward MACP membership
- Working towards a recognised relevant Masters Degree in MSK or evidence of working at an equivalent level
- Minimum 2 years post registration experience inclusive of at least one post graduate rotation in MSK outpatients and Orthopaedic inpatients
- Experience in the management of MSK conditions
- Experience of operational management
- 1 year experience working in NHS in UK
- Experience of the performance management of Physiotherapists and students
Knowledge and Skills
- Specialist skills in the management and assessment of complex MSK conditions
- Specialist skills in the provision of manual and exercise therapy
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).