Does joining a rapidly developing organisation that provides great progression and training opportunities sound perfect for you? Is supporting children both in a residential setting as well as a respite setting something you are passionate about?
Vetro Social Care is recruiting 6 Children’s Therapeutic Support Workers for a 5 bedded children’s service in the Ashton, Preston area. You will be working alongside an experienced team of Managers and Support Workers to provide the best possible care for the young person in the home who will have EBD and may display challenging behaviours.
- Title: Children’s Therapeutic Support Worker
- Pay: £10.50 – £11.70
- Salary: £25,500 (Inclusive of sleep)
- Sleep rate: £40
- Location: Ashton, Preston
- Hours: Sleep shifts (24 hours, 1 on 2 off etc)
- Full-time permanent position
- A rapidly developing company focused on huge internal progression!
- Company car
- Extra £ from taking on responsibilities!
What you’ll be doing as a Children’s Therapuetic Support Worker
- To support the children and young people in all day-to-day activities and interests
- To promote the young person’s independence and well-being for children with EBD and challenging behaviours
- To attend weekends away, holidays and trips away with Children who are between 8 and 18
- To attend weekend and evening activities to support the children and young people in their interests. This can range from climbing, horse-riding, BBQs and the cinema!
- To protect the children and young people from any risks to their health and welfare
- To provide emotional and practical support to the young people within your home.
- To ensure the safety of young people by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of care plans and guidelines
- To support, overcome and learn to minimise incidents when behaviour can be challenging.
The successful candidate:
What you’ll need to be successful as a Children’s Therapeutic Support Worker
- A desire to create positive outcomes for vulnerable children and young people
- Empathetic, caring and resilient nature
- Some Professional or personal experience in a social care setting
- Driving licence (Essential)
- Relevant NVQ would be desirable!
Do you want to make a real, measurable difference in the lives of young people? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. If you think you’re right for this Children’s Therapeutic Support Worker role, then click the ‘apply’ button below.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.