Morgan Hunt is currently working with a Higher Education Organisation.
This is an exciting Senior role as a Media Relations Manager, perfect for someone who is an experienced PR or journalism professional.
Role: Media Relations Manager
Sector: Higher Education Organisation
Salary: up to 39,745
Closing date: – 20th February 2023
Key responsibilities of the new Media Relations Manager:
- To act as the main point of contact for senior staff members, in handling media enquiries, including organising interviews and preparing statements; forward planning of their appearances and opportunities; and preparing them for media interviews
- Build and develop excellent working relationships with senior staff members responsible for areas of university policy or activity and maintain an excellent understanding of current affairs and the political landscape
- To develop and lead on strategies to achieve desired news and feature coverage in regional, national, international and specialist media.
- To be responsible for media relations activities during times of crisis, including preparing briefing materials and information for the organisations website, being a spokesperson for the organisation, and where required, representing the organisation on crisis response groups.
- To be responsible for forward planning activities to ensure timely and coordinated delivery of news about the organisations initiatives and policy announcements to the media.
Key Specifications of the new Media Relations Manager:
- Educated to degree level or a professional equivalent (i.e. NCTJ, CIPR qualifications) with extensive knowledge of, or experience working in journalism.
- Experience of leading and motivating a team, helping staff to achieve their own and the organisation’s desired goals
- Extensive experience of dealing with sensitive issues and the ability to exercise outstanding judgement from a range of conflicting options, as well as dealing with crisis management situations.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual’s skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.