Would you like to help authors get published on our platform?
Would you like to help publish interesting science and liaise with the Scientific Community?
About our Team
Our team owns Health & Medical Science journals, as part of our larger Science, Technology and Medical Publishing organization. We work collaboratively across the business and with academics to ensure our journals are best in field. We take ownership for the reputation of our journals to authors and the quality of the content we publish.
About the Role
You will be responsible for developing business plans for our journals portfolio in the disciplines of medical and health sciences. You will manage an assigned portfolio of journal titles and related products and services on a complex level. You will work to mentor and guide other team members in the publishing group.
• Developing our portfolio strategy to ensure alignment with the department’s and our wider organization’s strategies
• Meeting portfolio related objectives such as content growth, articles market share, citation share and relative impact factor securing customer satisfaction
• Maintaining the existing portfolio, matching developments in the external marketplace and the development of Open Access initiatives ensuring continued improvements
• Working collaboratively with society partners on strategic journal development and launch plans achieving an overall solid business relationships
• Negotiating and managing contractual relationships with journal editors and society partners to make sure all parties objectives are met
• Identifying and developing new products and services based on market needs and opportunities to generate business growth
• Contributing to projects across Scientific, Technical and Medical Journals to improve processes within our organisation
• Have in-depth experience in Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishing role
• Be able to show skills in project management, delivering results in a global matrix organisation and managing multiple stakeholders
• Be able to support and help your team to develop through mentoring and coaching
• Demonstrate knowledge in industries best practices and development to improve products, services or processes leadership
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, teams and customers
• Demonstrate great business acumen and understanding of developing strategies and achieving goals
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
• Working remotely from home and at our office in a hybrid working style
• Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
• Group Health Insurance Policy (covering self and family)
• Group Life insurance/accident policy
• Generous long-service awards
• New Baby gift
• Subsidised food provided (applies to India- Chennai)
• Casual Leave, Sick Leave, Privilege Leave, Compassionate Leave, Special Sick Leave, Gazetted Public Holiday and Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Free Transport provided to and from the office (applies to India-Chennai)
Working for you
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
When you work with us, your work matters. You are part of an organization that nurtures your curiosity to stimulate innovation for the communities that we serve.
GROWING EVERY DAY
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development.
COLLEAGUES WHO CARE
You will be part of the Elsevier family. We will support your well-being and provide the flexibility you need to thrive at work and home.
Together, we create possibilities.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.