We are looking for a Shunter Driver to join our operations teams who are at the heart of our business, ensuring our customers packages get to them safely and on time.
Hours: 30 per week.
Working pattern: Monday to Friday 15.00 – 21.00
Salary: £12.86 per hour. Premia paid for hours worked between 7pm – 10pm and 10pm – 6am
We believe that our strengths come from our differences, and we actively invest in recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
As a shunter you will be responsible for:
* Ensuring the safe and efficient movement of vehicles between parking bays and loading bays, to fuel vehicles, and when required undertake normal Collection and Delivery duties
* Carrying out daily vehicle checks following procedure laid down
* Reporting any mechanical defects in the manner laid down in procedures
* Reporting any accident, breakdown or emergency as soon as possible
* Taking all responsible action to ensure the safety and security of vehicles, equipment and goods
* Familiarising with the operation of the vehicle wash and use as instructed
* Undergoing a driving skills assessment at any time when requested by Station Management
* Maintaining and complying with company Health and Safety standards thereby minimising the risk to yourself and any other persons
To be successful as Shunter you will have:
* A full clean driving licence with a category C & E licence entitlement
* A digital tachograph card
* A genuine commitment to customer service
* Good communication skills.
Full training will be given along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
We also offer excellent career opportunities for those who are keen to progress in a supportive “can do” and rapidly expanding environment.
Diversity & Inclusion is more than the workplace. It’s the cultures we celebrate, the dreams we inspire, and creating a global community where everyone is accepted. At FedEx, diversity and inclusion happens because we do it together.
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.