The UK Head of Paid Social will be a hands-on leader and have first-class personal relationships with the larger technology vendors, particularly with Meta, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, Snap, TikTok and Twitter. The role is split into three parts:
- Leading the new business drive for paid social clients, expanding the social activity for existing clients, and cross-selling social into the agency’s clients that do not currently run paid social.
- Accountable for quality work within the paid social channels across Brainlabs UK, working closely with a team of dedicated Paid Social experts.
- Working closely with the global leadership to grow and evolve our paid social approach as best practices change and new opportunities emerge.
What this job is:
- Be part of a fast-growing agency offering best-in-class paid social services for clients in the UK – lead new business pitches, onboard large-scale clients, develop cutting-edge social strategies and support the agency’s global social product development.
- Strategic and Tactical – you will be responsible for leading and evolving our paid social strategy and execution, collaborating with the global team and Paid Social leadership in other markets. Governing commercial aspects of the UK paid social business.
- Storyteller – You’ll be responsible not only for ensuring we deliver best-in-class paid social campaigns but also for building the Brainlabs narrative around that service that resonates just as strongly with client executives as it does with subject matter experts.
- Innovative – As the social landscape evolves, you’ll ensure our approach becomes with it, identifying emerging trends and opportunities to leverage new social platforms and ad-tech solutions to drive tangible business outcomes for our clients.
- Industry – own Brainlabs partnership with all major social platforms in the UK including, but not limited to – Meta, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, Snap, TikTok, and Twitter.
What this job isn’t:
- Building a team from scratch – Brainlabs UK has passionate, brilliant 75 Paid Social team members across various experience levels. You will be responsible for unlocking opportunities for them to develop further in collaboration with the Brainlabs NAmer and APAC Paid Social teams, which also have a long tenure driving innovation in the industry.
- Behind the scenes – Through thought leadership, you’ll be talking to clients, prospects, and other leaders within Brainlabs, Meta, TikTok, and the industry. (We even have our digital marketing conference, Hero Conf!)
- Box ticking – You’ll be personally driving the Paid Social product, setting and executing your agenda and business plan and tracking value creation within the agency.
On our key clients and new business prospects, this individual will take a key role in developing the planning and execution, from onboarding to always on management.
Give me a breakdown of what the UK Head of Social at Brainlabs does:
- Able to synthesise complex changes in the paid social landscape into internal and external thought leadership (presentations, blog posts, POVs, internal processes)
- Developing members of our Paid Social team into thought leaders and new business experts
- It is further elevating the visibility of Brainlabs as an established Paid Social marketing agency to attract clients and talent.
- We collaborate with other thought leaders to develop our perspectives on a best-in-class holistic paid social strategy across all major social platforms.
Business and revenue growth:
- Be accountable for the Paid Social revenue in the UK.
- Able to pitch paid social across multiple verticals and client sizes, both by itself and in conjunction with other channels (with a proven track record of winning and retaining large paid social accounts).
- Able to craft and refine compelling written responses to RFPs.
- Able to build a story that resonates with multiple levels of client knowledge, from the highly granular to the executive-level summary.
- Working closely with Brainlabs UK Client Partners to ensure our paid social services reflect client needs and drive business results.
- Able to lead an eager team of dedicated Paid Social experts to deliver for our clients while also retaining and developing these team members into the next stage of their careers.
- It ensures consistency and excellence in the team’s ongoing execution of paid social.
Channel Leadership and product development:
- We ensure that the paid social services we provide clients are excellent – and consistent – across the UK.
- Working closely with the Global product VP to grow and evolve our paid social approach as best practices change and new opportunities emerge.
- Thoughtfully and effectively implementing automation where relevant, inclusive of third- and first-party solutions.
- Build strong relationships with our social partners extracting maximum support value.
What we want:
- A passionate paid social expert with deep channel expertise and an understanding of emerging trends and social ad-tech solutions. Someone who knows how to lead a team and build a product within an agency and wants to join an agency currently undergoing rapid growth and accelerate that growth even further – this isn’t just about maintaining an established program; it’s about building your strategy, being empowered and encouraged to set your own goals and work autonomously, while also collaborating with the rest of the agency team.
What particular set of skills would suit this role?
- 7+ years of industry experience (in more than one company)
- Well-known within the industry with a track record of delivering tangible paid social performance
- Has a strong understanding of performance marketing
- Has strong relationships with Meta, LinkedIn, TikTok, and other social platforms
- Has thrived on high-value, enterprise consultative sales environments
- An outstanding communicator, politically astute with the ability to relate to multiple stakeholders with a desire to tackle complex issues with consideration and a positive outcome in mind
- New solid business track record
- Is an entrepreneur at heart
- Has the ability to influence external stakeholders positively to achieve results that are in the best interest of Brainlabs clients
- Skilled communicator with the ability to adapt methods and approaches depending on message and audience
- Has a solid moral compass, wanting to win but be the good folks on the journey
How will I know I’m doing it right?
You’ll show growth, and high satisfaction from our existing paid social clients and win new business (new clients and cross-sells). You’ll have built strong relationships with the UK Paid Social team, the global Paid Social product team, and across the Brainlabs organisation.
What’s in it for you?
- An adaptive working policy which means you can be fully office-based or a balance of both office and remote
- 27 days paid holiday, 8 days (optional) unpaid holiday, 3 paid charity days, plus bank holidays
- Option to change your religious holidays
- Super-enhanced maternity & paternity leave
- Health & dental insurance
- Wellness subsidy
- Free food all day in the office, which includes lunch
- Dogs welcomed
- We also plant a tree for all new Brainlabbers!
Is Brainlabs right for you?
We’re famed for our world class company culture. We cultivate an environment where everyone is excited to come into work. As a Biddable Director you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside enterprise clients that are pioneering approaches to paid advertising. You’ll be immediately tested with handling large complex advertising accounts and given wide responsibilities. You will be surrounded by intelligent and hardworking colleagues. You’ll need to collaborate across the organisation and welcome the change and dynamism of a growing company. In turn, your career will grow at an unprecedented pace. Sounds too good to be true? Check out our website to see for yourself http://www.brainlabsdigital.co…
In order to maintain our fantastic working environment, culture fit is essential in selecting our newest recruits. It’s not only important to find someone who is capable to perform their job duties, it’s essential you are positive, collaborative, curious, and have a weird thing for processes and systems. Apply today!
Brainlabs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace: we are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the application process, please let us know when speaking with a member of the Recruitment Team.