We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic andhighly motivated health care professional.
The applicant will have an interest in acute illness with skills to join/compliment our same day team.
Main duties of the job
The ideal candidate would be an experienced health care professional with excellent clinical skills. A non-medical prescribing qualification is desirable but not essential if the right candidate is willing to work towards this requirement.
Northam Surgery provides a great working environment, we are an enthusiastic and hardworking team which is committed to delivering the highest standard of patient care. Our forward thinking and progressive practice, constantly works towards improving standards, the patient journey and clinical outcomes.
Our clinical workforce consists of 12 GPs, 2 ANPs, 1 Practice Nurse and 5 HCAs.
Northam Surgery is a training practice, with GP registrars and medical students often in placement, we pride ourselves on nurturing talent and offer development for our practice staff including external and internal training opportunities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work as part of the ‘Same Day Team’ at Northam Surgery
- Assess andtriage patients, including same day triage, and as appropriate providedefinitive treatment (including prescribing medications following policy,patient group directives, NICE (national) and local clinical guidelines andlocal care pathways) or make necessary referrals to other members of theprimary care team
- Advise patientson general healthcare and promote self-management where appropriate, includingsignposting patients to the organisations social prescribing service and,where appropriate, other community or voluntary services
Be able to:
- Performspecialist health checks and reviews within their scope of practice and inline with local and national guidance
- Perform ECGs
- Performinvestigatory procedures as required and undertake the collection ofpathological specimens including intravenous blood samples, swabs and othersamples within their scope of practice and within line of local and nationalguidance
- Communicate atall levels across organisations ensuring that an effective, person-centredservice is delivered
- Communicateproactively and effectively with all colleagues across the MDT, attending andcontributing to meetings as required
- Maintainaccurate and contemporaneous health records appropriate to the consultation,ensuring accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated withpatient healthcare and registration with the organisation
- Communicate effectively with patients and, whereappropriate, family members and their carers, where applicable, complex and sensitiveinformation regarding their physical health needs, results, findings and treatmentchoices
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).