Executive Assistant (Chief Executive’s Office)
Salary: 32,965 to 34,700 depending on experience plus competitive benefits
Interview date: 13th January 2023
Deadline: 6th January 2023
As such, we are looking for an Executive Assistant (Chief Executive’s Office) who will join an established and busy Chief Executive’s Department. The successful EA will provide high-quality support to the Chief Executive’s department by developing and maintaining effective procedures and supporting varied activities and projects. The successful EA will also coordinate business systems, procedures and ensure the smooth running for the Chief Executive’s Department, including supporting the governance of the College, through efficient running of its Council, Board and Committees.
Reporting to the Governance Manager, the main responsibilities of the Executive Assistant will be:
- Coordinating the schedule of the annual meeting for the Board of Trustees, Council and other Committees and making any necessary arrangements to set up virtual, face to face or hybrid meetings. This includes setting up Teams or Zoom facilities, booking rooms and equipment and providing refreshments and meals as required
- Taking minutes of all Board, Council and Lay Advisory Panel (LAP) meetings and ensuring that these are promptly produced and distributed as appropriate.
- Supporting the Governance Manager in arranging events as required for Officers, Board of Trustees, Council, the LAP and the Senior Management Team e.g., away days, dinners and local network events.
- Supporting the Governance Manager with the election of Council members, Officers, Trustees and Committee Chairs.
- Undertaking and managing the process for the nomination of Life and Honorary Fellows of the College.
- Providing support for the Chair of the Board of Trustees and College President, and other Officers as required and directed by the Chief Executive.
To Be Successful, You Must –
- Be able to demonstrate in particular significant experience in a similar role with experience of supporting committees with exceptional minute taking.
- Have a high level of competency in MS Office suite of applications, Teams and Zoom with fast accurate keyboard skills and the ability to process numerical data is also essential.
- Be able to demonstrate pro-activity, reliability, a calm temperament, the ability to be discreet, think laterally.
- Have good interpersonal, customer service, strong organisational, attention to detail skills and the ability to work autonomously, under pressure and meet deadlines.
For more information on the Executive Assistant – EA role, please contact Akash Mahmud at Merrifield Consultants.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.